marți, 1 august 2017

Review:Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare.



In a kingdom by the sea…

In a secret world where half-angel warriors are sworn to fight demons, parabatai is a sacred word.

parabatai is your partner in battle. A parabatai is your best friend. Parabatai can be everything to each other—but they can never fall in love.

Emma Carstairs is a warrior, a Shadowhunter, and the best in her generation. She lives for battle. Shoulder to shoulder with her parabatai, Julian Blackthorn, she patrols the streets of Los Angeles, where vampires party on the Sunset Strip, and faeries—the most powerful of supernatural creatures—teeter on the edge of open war with Shadowhunters. When the bodies of humans and faeries turn up murdered in the same way Emma’s parents were when she was a child, an uneasy alliance is formed. This is Emma’s chance for revenge—and Julian’s chance to get back his brother Mark, who is being held prisoner by the faerie Courts. All Emma, Mark, and Julian have to do is solve the murders within two weeks…and before the murderer targets them.

Their search takes Emma from sea caves full of sorcery to a dark lottery where death is dispensed. And each clue she unravels uncovers more secrets. What has Julian been hiding from her all these years? Why does Shadowhunter Law forbid parabatai to fall in love? Who really killed her parents—and can she bear to know the truth?






Review:


In my mind i always said that i won't read another book about shadowhunters-not after The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices..but my heart won this round and guided me towards this book.So,yeah,i i picked it up and read it all.Every single damn word.And guess what..I enjoyed what i've read so far..and i want more!Because it seems that i'm addicted to this kind of story full of ups and downs,action,battle between good and evil..And ,finally,forbidden love.
Yup,i'm a sucker for this kind of stories,expecially if they are about love-forbidden love.

I thought that i knew it all and that the next book written by Cassandra won't surprise me at all,yet here i am thinking about how wrong i was and how much i want to read the second book in this series.Lady Midnight was a surprise-a good one- and it had everything i love to read about.
Well,i might add that it wasn't the forbidden love that managed to make me like this book so much.It was the Blackthorn family and Emma Carstairs-the way they were and how everything happened.It was pretty much how the author choose to write about them and how everything transformed into an epic battle,even if it had an almost heartbreaking end or you could say that it was heartbreaking for two characters.
Yes,i was surprised about how things changed.About Malcome Fade.About Julian and Emma...But somehow it made me believe that what will happen next will be something much bigger than this.
A lot of ups and downs.I know i always write this in my reviews and that i love to write about ups and downs..but honestly,i can't help myself,mainly because i'm right and there were too many of those things.

At the beginning i didn't know what to think about everything-about what happened to the Blackthorns and Emma Carstairs.A little part of me wasn't so sure about this and it reminded me about the fact that maybe it won't be something that i will enjoyed.Yet,at the same time it pushed me and made me read it all and re-read some scenes/chapter so i could understand everything better .I got to the point where i was too fascinated and i couldn't put the book down.So,yeah,here i am rambling about how much i liked this book and in a way i can't write a single line without sounding like a total lunatic.Heck.

Revenge.Pain.Family.Parabatai.Forbidden love.Truth.Lies..And more.


Emma Carstairs.This character was pretty much a big surprise for me.Strong,stubborn and a good fighter.Or should i say the best?I liked her-the way she was fighting to protect the Blackthorn family,her only family.It was fascinating and a little sad at the same time.Reckless and a little too eager to fight,but i admired her determination
Julian Blackthorn.Impressive and charming.In a way,while i was reading about him,i couldn't stop myself from thinking about Jace.I know they aren't exactly alike.They are different in so many ways..but my mind refused to stop.And i don't really know why!But,Julian's life,haotic or not,made me realize something:he was the best character in this book!Liar or not,he protected his family and Emma with everything he had.And that's something i will always remember about him.

Dru,Ty,Livvy and Tavvy.Those kids were pretty impressive,even Tavvy.I liked reading about them and how much they wanted to help Emma to find the truth about her parents.How they were working hard to find the truth about what was happening and how they tried everything in their powers to help Julian.And Mark?I hoped,after i read about him a little in the last book in The Mortal Intruments series,that i will get to read about him again.And surprise,surprise!His story is a heartbreaking but after all that happened,finally he got the chance to choose what was better for him.I do hope that in the next book i get the chance to read about Helen.
Cristinna?At first i was a little unsure about her.I didn't know much about her and i expected something big to happen because of her,not sure why.I'm glad my suspicions weren't true.She gave me the impression that she was hiding something..so my mind created some stories..Yikes.Diego..Well,i don't have much to say about him..Well,i have nothing to say about him.

I never expected him to be behind all those horrible things.I actually liked Malcome Fade and i thought :Look,another warlock,like Magnus Bane,who is trying to help the shadowhunters..Heck,i was wrong.And i hate it.But..i have to admit that i can't wait to read more about that girl he loved so much.If..Well,if i will ever get the chance to read about Annabel Blackthorn.Who knows..
And,i'm sorry if this is a spoiler but i can't help myself...Tessa and Jem?!Oh yes!I hoped and hoped to read about them again..even if only a few sentences.And i got what i wanted!Yikes.Those two (and Will..even if i won't read about him in another book again.) will always be my favorite.

Fascinating?Heck yes.Do i want to know what will happen next?Yes!Many ups and downs?Yes,but those ups and downs created something incredible.Shadowhunters or not,this book had in every chapter something that surprised the heck out of me.From the beginning until the end.And i liked that.Very much.
So,yeah,it seems like..i won't stop reading about shadowhunters anytime soon,especially if the next books will be like this one.




Goodreads: Lady Midnight.
Recenzia in romana in curand.

Niciun comentariu: