miercuri, 1 iunie 2016

Review:Where One Goes by B.N. Toler



What happens when the very thing ruining your life ends up saving it?

I was never one to believe in spirits—until six years ago, when a bone-chilling accident changed my life... forever.

My name is Charlotte, but most people call me Char... and I have a special gift.

I talk to the dead.

Make no mistake, I can’t summon them. I’m only able to see and speak to the spirits that linger when they’re unable to crossover. They’re somehow weighted to the world with unfinished affairs. And for the last six years, I've relentlessly used my gift to help their lost souls.

But it’s come at a price. My life is dark. Feeling despondent, I've begun to give up. And in helping the dead, I've realized I haven’t allowed myself to live. With no money, no place to go, and most importantly... no hope, I've decided there is only one option—to end it all.

But fate is a funny thing. One minute, I’m about to leap to my death, and the next, I’m saved by Ike McDermott. The strong, striking soldier stopped me from putting an end to my despair. He’s the kind of man that smiles and brightens an entire room.

Sweet and gentle.

He is my savior.

And he’s dead.

We've made an agreement. He’ll help me find a place to stay and a new job if I’ll help him with his unfinished business so that he may crossover.

Ike’s unfinished matter involves his twin brother, George. George has been falling apart since Ike’s death and Ike has not been able to compel himself to crossover in peace until he knows George will be okay.

When I agreed to help, little did I know that I’d fall in love with the charming folks of Bath County, and... Ike and George McDermott.

Now, as both brothers own equal parts of my heart, I am faced with a cruel and unfair predicament. In saving George, I must let go of Ike.

But how does one let go of half of their heart?
 

Review:


”He saved me so I could save you, which in a way means, you saved me too.”

Once again i found an amazing book, beautiful and at the same time hard. A story about three people who had find each other in order for them to realize that life sometimes gave them many ups and downs. That they had to go through those ups and downs in order for them to move on. Still,this story was a rollercoaster of emotional events,full of surprises and heartbreaking moments. A breathtaking story about two indentical twins and about a girl whose destiny was a strange one,but life has a funny way of showing them that they were meant to meet each other.

I loved this book,it made me smile,laugh and cry,because it had those mind-blowing scenes :when the characters made me smile without knowing,they made me laugh with their ridiculous attitudes and jokes..And it made me cry ,because this book had a sad story-an emotional one that will make you appreciate more the people you have around you.

“I love you, too, baby girl,” he whispers. “Here, there, forever.”

A story that begins with a lonely girl who was desperate to find peace,a girl who thought her life was a burden and didn't belong to her anymore. It broke my heart the fact that that girl had to face all those heartbreaking moments,but i loved the way she transformed after she met one of the twins.

Charlotte Acres wanted everything to go away. Losing her brother, seeing dead people and trying to help them find peace isn't something easy at all,mainly when everyone thinks you're crazy and abandoned you. But when Charlotte decided to put an end to all her miseries,someone intervenes,stoping her before she could do something dangerous..But what if meeting Ike McDermott will only bring her pain ? What if by saving her,Ike manages to give her exactly what she needs?
The only problem is that Ike is a ghost,someone who wanted to find peace but he had some unfinished business and he needed Charlotte's help.
George McDermott's life was a rollercoaster of crazy moments,full of pain and regret. Losing his brother made him take some horrible decisions,but somehow George keeps alive one thing that belonged to him and his brother,Ike,: a restaurant named Ike and George's.

But what Charlotte and George didn't know was that: somehow Ike manages to save them both at the same time.

”I want so badly for George to be better, to be happy, but his happiness involves him having something I would sell my soul to have.” 

It was pretty much amazing and i am glad that i started reading it,even if i had my doubts. At first i didn't know what to believe or how to react,but step by step ,reading how the story evolved and how the characters transformed,i couldn't stop myself and finally i found all my answers.
Beautiful story,amazing characters...and all those things i love to read about.
I loved Charlotte's attitude when she started working for George. It was fun reading about how she was making him react. And Ike?He was a sweetheart who won my heart just by trying to be there for George..Breathtaking..
 What i liked about the way this book was written was the fact the chapters were written from Charllote and Ike's points of view,not George's.I loved reading Ike's chapters,it helped me understand him more:his need to save his brother,the moments when he realized he was in love with Charlotte..and the best moment?When he realized he saved both of them.

“Charlotte . . . I want you. All of you. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I love you.”

There were a lot of moments when i had to held my breath ,because it was hard reading they the twins and Charlotte tried to help each other.
The hardest moment?When Ike found peace and crossed over. It was beartbreaking.. but what happened next?It was perfect an incredible. Because George and Charlotte,in my opinion ,belonged together.


This book is amazing and i am really glad that i've read it. A must read for all those who love stories about ghosts and true love.




You can find my review on Goodreads : Where One Goes .

Niciun comentariu: