joi, 9 iunie 2016

Review:A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas



Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.


Review:


Rating:6/5 stars.


“No one was my master— but I might be master of everything, if I wished. If I dared.”

I still remember the first time when i've read about Feyre,Tamlin ,Rhys..About the courts ,about the fey and all those things.I admit that i liked what i've read,but it didn't become one of my favorite books.IT had too many things that made me doubt everything-the story,the characters and such.

But now?Right now?You really want to know how i feel after reading A Court Of Mist and Fury?I feel like my heart broke in so many pieces(heartbreaking moments) ,i feel like i want to jump up and down (happy moments),i feel like i had a part in an amazing adventure full of surprises and full of badass characters....I feel like..It was a rollercoaster of amazing moments-both emotional and crazy.It was exactly how it was supposed to be from the beginning:Amazing,epic and unique.
I think i fell in love with this story right now,because in a way ,deep down in my heart i knew that something was missing-something huge,something that i knew that will change everything i felt about this story and about everything else.

And i loovved it!Every  moment .Every chapter.Every word.It was perfect.

“And I realized—I realized how badly I'd been treated before, if my standards had become so low. If the freedom I'd been granted felt like a privilege and not an inherent right.” 

Feyre's life changed completely after she faced Amarantha and save the life of so many faes.By saving Prythian and those who lived there,Feyre gave up on her human life,becoming something unique and powerfull.But her life is becoming something she never wanted:a lonely life,caged and protected.Or so she thought,until the High Lord she loved did something that made her realize that she wasn't a pet or something that needed to be kept in a cage.Step by step,she transformed into what she was meant to be:A High Lady..
But everything changed because of Rhysand..Because he heard her cry for help.

Should i just admit that i started to love the way this story transformed?How everything evolved ,becoming something Huge and Amazing!It was intense and incredible,something that made me held my breath until the end of the book.And i couldn't believe what i was reading,i couldn't believe that this story wasn't exactly how i thought it will be.Honestly?I regret the fact that i i had some doubts about starting this.

In this book Feyre impressed me.Not because of her powers or what she becamed,but because they way she was acting,the way she started fighting for what she wanted,even if that meant that she had to do things she never thought she'll ever do.I was fascinated by how things turned out for her,how she transformed step by step and how badass she became.But..My heart broke for her so many times.Strong or not,Feyre wasn't born in any court,she wasn't used to all those game of powers and crazy,crazy wars between the Courts.But,once she embraced everything she becamed something that nobody expected.And it was perfect.I loved how much she evolved and how strong she was,but what i loved the most?Was how perfect she was in Rhysand's Court.

“He thinks he'll be remembered as the villain in the story. But I forgot to tell him that the villain is usually the person who locks up the maiden and throws away the key. He was the one who let me out.”

I never thought that i'll end up loving Rhysand or that i will ever be a fan of his,but here i am now trying really hard not to start fangirling like a crazy girl..I'm trying really hard,but i can't stop myself!He was the one who changed everything step by step,just because he forged that bond between Feyre and him.But,really,he was fascinated and i loved the way he was protecting his people,even if he had to create a facade,one who everyone feared and hated.But he was more than a cruel High Lord.He was more than darkness and nightmares.He was the kind of man who,if he trusted you,could give you the moon and the stars,He could do everything in his powers to protect the people who he loved.And that ,my friend,is perfection,because even if he had to endure so much hate and suffering,Rhysand ,deep down in his heart,was a good man who loved and wanted to be loved by someone.And..I was thrilled when everything changed,when finally i found out the reason why he was trying so hard to help Feyre.Heartbreaking.Breathtaking.And..Finally,Perfection.

“The issue isn't whether he loved you, it's how much. Too much. Love can be poison”

Tamlin..Well,i'm really dissapointed ,because i thought he was one of the good guys and that he will be a good guy until the end.But..He dissapointed me so bad and i know i will never ,ever like him again.And Lucien?Well,i'm not really sure what to say about him,but i know he was still the same Lucien i've read about in A Court Of Thorns and Roses-the good and loyal friend,but he was blind and didn't realize all the horrors that were happening right in front of him.My opinion about him will never changed,because i still hope that things will change,that he'll be exactly what i wanted him to be:Feyre's friend and ally,not her enemy.And something tells me that maybe my wish will come true,because of something that happened in this book.

I loved the fact that i had the chance to read about new characters like Azriel,Cassian,Morigann and Amren..Lethal,fierce and powerfull.A part of Rhys's Court-his loyal friends and the only ones who knew him exactly how he was,and who sweared to protect him until the very end.I liked them from the beginning,not because they were Rhys's friends,but because they were badass and i was impressed ,and,yeah i have to admit this,they were fun to read about,especially when it came to those scenes when they were all together-Rhys,Cassian,Amren,Mor and Feyre.
And Feyre's sisters?Yeah,i didn't like them much in the first book and i don't love them right now,but it seems that everything changed for them and it seems like they will have a huge part in the next book.

“My friend through many dangers. My lover who had healed my broken and weary soul. My mate who had waited for me against all hope, despite all odds.”

What i never expected?What happened between Rhys and Feyre.The way things changed between,but at the same time i loved it.Why?Because it seems that every single time my heart goes to the bad boys-because deep down i'll always hope that -the one who is always hated the most,the one who is described like Rhys was in this book-will be the one who will get a happy ending.Don't ask why..Why i hoped for that or why i loved the bad boys..From the beginning i knew there was something about Rhys,something that fascinated me and made me believe that he will change everything.And he did..Even if what happened at the end of the book nearly broke my heart.

Fascinating.Thrilling.Mind-blowing..The list is too long,but the perfect word:EPIC.
This book had so many surprises ,many ups and downs and everything turned and twisted,becoming something Huge,something that blew my mind and now i want more..I want to read what will happen next with Feyre and Rhys.With Lucien,Amren,Cassian,Azriel,Mor..and everyone else.But especially Feyre and Rhys.

+1 stars.

You can find my review on Goodreads: A Court Of Mist and Fury,
And you can find the review for the first book here :A Court Of Thorns and Roses.

Niciun comentariu: