vineri, 13 mai 2016

Short Review:Hetch (Men OF S.W.A.T. Book 1) by River Savage



Save
verb \ˈsāv\

1 a: Keep safe or rescue (someone or something) from harm or danger.

Synonyms: rescue, come to someone's rescue, save someone's life, set free, liberate, deliver, extricate.

Saving lives is the end goal.
It's a responsibility I live with every day, the reason I wear the badge.
Built on a brotherhood that runs deeper than blood, this way of life has become my very existence...

Until Liberty.

I thought I was saving her.

I never expected her to be the one saving me.
 


Short Review:


''You crashed into my life with your jacked-up vibrator, and your inappropriate notes, and you saved me. You saved me when I didn’t know I needed saving.'' 

This was something new ,something that caught my attention and it made me want to know what it was about.Intense moments,two stubborn and interesting main characters,a story full of ups and downs and a clear message: when something hard happens to you ,you have to open up to someone,not push them away.

I was one step away from giving this book more than four stars,but something happened and i changed my mind.The whole story was interesting and captivanting.It had amazing characters,whom made this book pretty good and intense,yet at some point i wanted to stop reading this book.I guess i started to feel like everything was happening too fast and too easy.I have to admit that i laughed out loud because of the way this book started,something that was main reason why i decided to try and see if things will change.

''Yeah. Like when someone doesn’t know their vision isn’t perfect. They think they can see fine. But the moment they put those glasses on for the first time, they see everything so clearly, so vivid. They realize how much detail and beauty they’ve been missing. That’s Hetch. He’s my glasses.” No one says anything for a beat, and I wonder if they’re thinking about having me committed. I smell, I haven’t eaten, and I’ve started talking in metaphors and similes.

Liberty and Liam are the main characters of this book.It helped the fact that it was written from their point of views,in that way i had the chance to understand a lot of things,especially about what was happening to Liam.Both stubborn and very determined,but i loved the chemistry they had between them.It was pretty intense from the beginning,even if the way they met was pretty hilarious.

It was fun and intense,with a lot of ups and downs,yet a true love story,even if in a way it was pretty crazy.Not really romantic or very emotional,but a hot-mess!
A true love story about two people who never thought they needed to fall in order for them to see the real beauty of life and love.
-A book about one man who was drowning in his sorrow,guilt and questions.always lying to everyone else,even if he knew deep down in his heart that he wasn't okay .Until her.Until she saved him from drowning.
-A book about a woman whose life was spinning around her job.A workaholic who didn't know that love was the best cure for everything.Until him.Until the sexy neighbor ,a SWAT officer who turned her life upside down.

Things changed,everything transformed into a hot-mess,intense and mind-blowing,but still it didn't change my opinion about some things.
I liked the fact that it made me laugh and smile a lot ,especially when it came to the main characters.They were pretty much crazy,but in a good way.


You can find my review on Goodreads: Hetch .

Niciun comentariu: