vineri, 1 aprilie 2016

Review:The Other Side Of Gravity (The Oxygen Series Book 1) by Shelly Crane


My name is Maxton and I’m a trader. 

I live on a soulless planet where gravity, oxygen, and everything else are sold to the highest bidder on the black market. People are sold on the black market, too. You have to work really hard not to become one of those people. Pay your taxes, keep your friends and family close, and more than anything else—don’t get caught by the Militia. But all the rules changed for me the day I found her. 

My name is Sophelia and I’m a stowaway. 

I’ve been a slave for almost as long as I can remember. Waiting for the one day, one second, for my proprietor to turn his head so I could run and never look back. Now I'm on the run. And on a planet where no one is on your side and people would turn you in for a good meal or a piece of a silver, being on the run on Landu is the last place you want to be. Until he found me. 

I won't survive without him. 

I can't breathe without her.

Review:


“Because your soul, on this soulless planet, sticks out like one star in a starless sky. And it’s beautiful.” 

Being a huge fan of Shelly's i wanted to read this book soo bad and once i saw it on Netgalley i hoped that my request will be approved.And it was!Right now i'm a little speechless,because the end of this book was .. *sigh* . I can't even think about what happened!Seriously.
This book was interesting , and  once i started it i wanted to know more and more.About Sophelia and Maxton,about everything.But i have to admit something..I expected more.All the books written by Shelly were mindblowing and amazing,but this one?I don't know how to explain,but all i can say is that i expected more.
Don't get me wrong,this book had an interesting story and pretty good characters,but there were a few things that i didn't like and it made me a little sad the fact that i didn't enjoy it too much.

Sophelia's life turned upside down after she became a slave,because she couldn't pay her taxes anymore.But after ten years of slavery,Sophelia does the unthinkable and escapes.Escaping her proprietor isn't easy at all,but what Sophelia never thought was that she would find someone who was willing to help her,someone who will show her that not everyone was the same.Someone who will change her life forever.
Maxton had a plan.A plan to save those who he loved the most ,even if he knew that he couldn't be with them.But one night everything changes completely.After finding a slave in his room,Maxton has a decision to take:Save her or give her up,especially after he finds out about the bounty on her head.A bounty that was high enough for him to save his family.But what if everything changes for him too?What if he wants to help her?What if...

“The fact that you can't see how much you're worth makes you worth so much more." She opened her mouth once, her brow bunched, but nothing came out. She didn't know the words to ask. I continued. "A diamond doesn't know how much it's worth; it's just beautiful because it exists.” 

I remember my reaction when i first read about this book.I was soo excited and happy ,and i knew that i wanted to read this book soo bad,but now?I'm a little dissapointed,because there were a few things that i disliked,things that made this book too easy to read and it didn't have those amazing and mindblowing scenes that i'm used to when it comes to Shelly's books.Well,despite that,i have to admit that the whole idea was interesting and the characteres were okay.It pains me to say that those characters were just okay,but i have to do it!I know you can do better,Shelly,and i love you for that.
From the beginning until the end ,step by step, i started to understand the story and the characters,but there were soo many things that confused me,especially a lot of things about the planet and the reasons why so many things happened there.

Despite my dissapointment ,i have to admit that reading about Maxton and Sophelia was a little fun,because let me just tell you:true love,guys!True love.Yeah ,at first it was like they were one step away from runnig from each other,but step by step everything changed between them.
Sophelia was the type of characters that takes you by surprise.You never know what to expect from her,but from the beginning until the end you will learn something from her:she expects the worst from anyone and thinks that she'll never be anything more than a slave.Smart,beautiful and strong,Sophelia isn't just a simple girl and that makes her more interesting.
Maxton?Well,i will start with this:I wanted to shake some sense in that guy!Seriously,mood swing  much?The guy was strange,but i admit that i liked him ,especially after he starts helping Sophelia.

“There is no gravity. The only thing holding me to this planet is you.”

Well,i love when a story is original and new,when it is about a topic i didn't read until now.
The Other Side Of Gravity is the type of book that makes you want to know more,but at the same time it makes you wonder a lot of things.With an idea like this one?It could blow your mind or it confuses you like hell.
Despite the fact that i was mostly confused the whole time,it was fun to read about Sophelia and Maxton.The way they acted when they were together and how they were trying so hard to escape the Militia.But some scenes were a little annoying,mainly the fact that they sometimes acted too weird and that they couldn't cuss or say bad words.


Well,a little dissapointed,but i hope that the next book will be better ,because let me say this:I am shocked!That end?Speechless.



You can find my review on Goodreads: The Other Side of Gravity .

Niciun comentariu: