luni, 4 aprilie 2016

Review:Tall, Tatted and Tempting (The Reed Brothers, #1) by Tammy Falkner


She’s locked up tight. But he might be the key.

Logan Reed is tall, tatted and tempting. Kit’s a woman with a mean right hook and a secret.

Kit wants a tattoo, but Logan sees more than she intends to share in the drawing of the tat she wants. He sees her in ways no one ever has.

Logan’s not disabled; but he hasn’t spoken in eight years. He hasn’t needed to. Until he meets Kit.

Logan doesn’t know everything about Kit. Kit doesn’t know anything about herself, until she has to sacrifice all she ever wanted to save what’s most important to him.

This book is not meant for individuals under the age of 18 due to adult language, adult sexuality and adult situations.
 


Review:


“I've been locked in my own world for a really long time," he says. ''I have an excuse to keep people away, because of my disability. And then I saw your tattoo..." I turn his wrist over and trace my finger across it. He shudders at my touch, closing his eyes tightly. "And I felt like maybe, just maybe, we were locked in our own little worlds and could let each other out.” 


And i finally got the chance to finish this book!It was full of surprises and amazing characters,something that i enjoy very much ,especially when i'm not really sure about a book.I admit that i liked it a lot and that i can't wait to read more about Emily,Logan and the rest.
This book had it all:emotional ,funny,sad and pretty much all those elements a book needs in order for it to become someones favorite.
It made me laugh,but also it shocked me,especially when a heartbreaking moment happened.I swear that i held my breath until it passed.But besides that?It was exactly what i was looking for.

Kit's life is a secret or that's what she wants to do,to keep her real identity a secret,so the ones who she's running from can't find her.But living on the streets isn't easy and Kit struggles every day,still she refuses to go back to her old life,telling herself this is the only choice..Until Logan Reed.
Logan is living in silence.He refuses to speak out loud,because being deaf meant his voice was a little different from the others.But Logan's life is fairly good and his brothers accept him as he is.What Logan doesn't know is that a girl will turn his life upside down,making him realize that she is the one for him,the one who'll help him see that being different isn't a bad thing.

“This girl will shred me. I already know she will. And I’m jumping in with everything I am anyway.”

Kit and Logan?Well,they were a strange couple,but step by step i started to enjoy reading about them.They weren't perfect,but sometimes being imperfect is the key to happines,right?
It was fun reading about them,expecially in those scenes when Logan and Kit explored some steps that neither of them thought about it before.It made me laugh,because they were acting funny.

What i loved about this book?Logan's family and the way the accepted Kit,without knowing her.They were funny and united,the perfect exemple of an amazing family.But the truth?It was heartbreaking to read about Matthew's sickness.He was Logan's brother and he was a sweet guy.Still,all the boys were funny,smart and really interesting to read about.

I wanted to reach over and touch him, but he doesn’t want that from me. He wants all of me. And I’m not free to give it all away. I’ll never be free.

Honestly?This book was full of surprises,like i said above.When i first started to read about Kit having secrets and running away from home,i imagined something ugly and hard...Well,it was and i hate her father,but i wish she could have trusted Logan more.
Yet,despite what i wished for,i understand everything and let's just say that it was perfect the way it happened,from the beginning until the end.

This time i'll be short and i won't write much,but let's just say that in my opinion this book deserves more than 5 stars!


You can read my review on Goodreads: Tall,Tatted and Tempting .

Niciun comentariu: