luni, 21 martie 2016

Review:Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7) by Abigail Roux



After having their faces plastered across the news during a high-profile case, FBI Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have become more useful to the Bureau posing for photo ops than working undercover. Just as Zane is beginning to consider retirement a viable option, Ty receives a distress call from a friend, leading them to a city rife with echoes from the past.

New Orleans wears its history on its streets, and it’s the one place Ty’s face could get him killed. Surrounded by trouble as soon as they land, Ty and Zane are swiftly confronted with a past from which Ty can’t hide—one with a surprising connection to Zane’s.

As threats close in from all directions, both men must come to terms with the lives they’ve led and the lies they’ve told. They soon discover that not all their secrets are out yet, and nothing lasts forever.
 


Review:


“Who are you Ty?"
Ty smiled against his cheek. "I was an assassin," he whispered. "I'm a Marine. I'm the man who doesn't miss. And I'm yours."
Zane bit his lip on a smile.
“Who are you, Zane?"
Zane cocked his head. "I'm an artist. I'm a geek." He felt Ty smile. "I am one badass motherfucker on a motorcycle.

Ty began to laugh.Zane dipped his head until they were staring into each other's eyes. "And I'm yours.” "

Once again the past manges to interfere with the present,complicating everything and doing more harm than good.Ugly lies are revealed and hearts are broken.But what if the past doesn't have much power over what happens in present?What if Zane and Ty's love is stronger?What if..

Right now i'm barely resisting the urge to grab the next book and start reading it,because ,damn it,i did not expect that!And,seriously,this book was crazy ,intense  and ,yeah,full of surprises.It made me want to read it really fast because i really wanted to know what will happen and how it will end.Basically,this was the book were are the lies come to surface,making everything harder than it was,almost destroying two of my favorite characters-almost destryoing everything that was happening between them.You know how it is when there are too many lies-it shows you who to trust or who to keep in your life.

"I love you. You love me. We know what we have can be strong. Stronger."

In this book,Zane and Ty are forced to face the past and all the secrets Ty keeps from Zane.Everything starts with a call from Nick and from there everything turns upside down,forcing everyone to lose control or to make some drastic decision.Ty's secrets are bigger than anything-secrets that he's forced to keep and secrets he knows that could destroy his relationship with Zane..But being back in New Orleans with Nick ,Kelly,Digger and Owen,Ty's past can no longer be hidden from Zane..And things get ugly and really complicated.Why?Because of Liam Bell and Ty's real reason why he was Zane's partner.

Being a fan of this series,i hated to see Ty and Zane fighting each other.It was a nightmare,because it was heartbreaking to see them tear each other apart like that.It was heartbreaking reading about Ty's insecurities.about all his doubts about who he was or what could happen with him if nobody trusted or believed in him.And Zane?I never thought he could lose control like that.Oh my!It was pretty much an epic disaster-an heartbreaking disaster.
But..I still had hope that maybe everything will get better.Why?Because the love between them was stronger than anything,


"I know it. I will never be the man you think I am."
Zane's breaths came harder. "We've both been trying so hard to be worthy of each other."


Well,like usual there were a lot of intense moments between Ty and Zane,and ,of course, a lot of funny moments,because like in every book Ty's attitude was the one that made me laugh so much.It was fun to read about Ty and the Sidewinders,those who were with him in the Marines-Nick,Kelly,Digger and Owen.But those moments where the ones that reminded Ty of things that happened in the past and those moments where the reason why everything turned upside down,because being back in New Orleans meant that Ty and Zane had to face some things they thought they'll never hear about them again.Dirty cops and the Cartel.,
Harsh words were spoken.Hearts were broken.And many messed up things happened.

"Sometimes I wonder who I'd be if it weren't for them," Ty said, his voice a whisper that barely rose above the sound of the water.

Liam Bell?He was an interesting new character-one who was exactly like Ty in a lot of things:dangerous,smart and one step ahead.A version of Ty's,but exactly how Ty was when he was still in the Marines.I admit that i knew that something that there was something wrong with that guy,but i guess i wanted to give him a chance to see what he was capable of..
About Nick i knew before and it was fun to read about him again-being a part of Ty's past,he was the one that made me believe that everything was possible and that everything could change in a second.Kelly,Digger and Owen?I don't know much about those guys,but i liked them and i have many,many reason why!

''You told me one time that… I was your compass. I gave you direction when you were lost” Ty said, nearly choking on the words. He glanced up, eyes reflecting like liquid in low light. “Well, you were my anchor. You were something solid for me to hold onto. I wanted you to remember that”

Ty and Zane?The same crazy Special Agents whom trusted each other with their lifes and whom were capable of doing everything for each other.But,damn it!,this book changed my opinion about them-it got from i like them to i freaking love them,because despite everything -despite the fight and those awfull moments ,Ty and Zane knew that nothing could keep them apart.Even lies.And i knew that even if my feelings were all over the place,i knew that everything that Ty did it was for a good reason.

Betrayal?Check.Ugly past?Check.Many lies?Check.True love?Double Check and that's all that matters.

Books with Ty and Zane could never bore me.Why?Because everywhere they'll go danger follows and that means :action,intense moments,more truth and..i just love Ty's weird and sometimes cranky,but always doing something funny attitude and Zane's i-don't-give-a-damn-hear-me-now attitude..Or at least that's what i processed from them.Roller coaster!That's how it's always with this guys-a roller coaster of crazy events and emotional ones,but in this case?It was a roller coaster of emotional(from 1 to 10?It was pretty much a 10+) events,something that changed them and something that changed my entire opinion about them.


The real rating:6+/5 stars.

You can find my review on Goodreads: Touch&Geaux

Niciun comentariu: