joi, 3 martie 2016

Review:Here with Me (The Archer Brothers, #1) by Heidi McLaughlin


Ryley Clarke has grown up with the military in her blood, with both parents serving their country. Ryley knows the risks of being married to the military. But when the unthinkable happens, and her future husband is killed in action, Ryley can barely survive... until Evan's twin brother, Nate, helps her pick up the pieces.

After serving on a special mission with the military for six years, Evan Archer returns home to find the unthinkable - the love of his life, Ryley Clarke - engaged to his brother, Nate. With Nate on deployment, Evan needs to figure out what happened in his absence, and more importantly, how to win Ryley back from the man he once considered his best friend, but now thinks of as his rival.
 


Review:


“I was the firework. I was the butterfly. I was every analogy you could think of. I didn’t see stars. I became the star. My first kiss was everything it was meant to be and more.”


Oh,oh!Why did i waited until now to read this book?Good Question..And,like always,i have no answer.
Besides the fact that it was pretty much crazy from the beginning until the end,everything was ..Intense.And damn!Twins?Um,yeah..Who can ignore that?Well,ups and downs.That's what we get ,and let me tell you something:It wasn't bad at all.I say that because i couldn't stop reading this book and i really hope that the next book will be as good as this one,maybe better.
This book?The truth is that it wasn't exactly like i expected it to be and from the beginning i waited and waited for something bad to happen..I'm not sure why,maybe because i'm used to that-You know what they say:The calm after the storm.This book was like that.

Evan Archer life ended in the day when he was sent in a mission that it was supposed to be easy,but after six years he finally returns home.But home isn't like it used to be.Everything changed and what used to belong to him it isn't his anymore.Ryley Clarke's life was turned upside down from the moment she met the twins,Evan and Nate Archer,but what happens next is what changed everything for her.Being in love with Evan made her life beautiful,but after she was told he was dead,Ryley had to move on ,something that changes once again when Evan returns home,after six years of being gone.
But the bigger question is:What happened with Evan and his team in those six years?Why they were pronnounced dead?Because after all Evan knew what was happening with Kyley and his child.Everything but the fact that Kyley was Nate's fiancee.

“It’s how he made me feel. The sun was brighter. The clouds were bigger. The birds even sang louder once I met him. I know not everyone has that experience, but I did. He was like my daily dose of life.” 

Um,even if i think there were a few scenes that were a little exagerated,everything was mind-blowing,and i can't wait to read the next book,because i really,really want to know what will happen!And ,of course,i want to know which twin will Ryley choose!
This was a little crazy,because honestly it was a love triangle(even if one of the twins wasn't present in all the book)..and this type of books are always too complicated,too intense and all the jazz!And add the fact that there was a child involved..Holy..Yeah.

When i said that i expected something bad to happen,i was talking about a fight between the twins or something like that.Right now i can't say on whom side i am,because honestly Nate wasn't present,but i liked Evan.
Sweet,determined,charming and handsome.I liked that about Evan,because i have to admit that he was acting like a man in love,a man who wanted his family back-a man who has been through hell and would go trough hell again for his family.But i admit that there were a few things i disliked about what he was doing.The pressure..

”Do I marry this man who has been everything to me for the last five years? The man that is the only dad my son – his nephew – knows? Or do I do what is expected, what you see in the movies and go running back into the arms of the man that I love, the man that I was told was dead?” 

Ryley?How can i write something about her when she didn't know what do or how to act the entire book?It was pretty much what i expected,because let's face it:How a woman should react when the man she loved and thought he was dead ,returned home and she was someone elses fiancee?Crazy!Especially in this case.But besides that she was an okay character.Pretty much like a normal woman,but her life was turned upside down again and again.Yikes.

My feelings?All over the place!Why?
1.Because at first i was a little confused and i didn't know what to belive.
2.Because it was obvious what was happening between Evan and Kyley.
3.Because EJ was sooo cute and a perfect replica of Evan.
4.Because Nate wasn't present in this book ..Something that i wanted to changed and it did..But at the end of the book!And,BANG,cliff-hanger.Pfft.
5.And because i don't think i can choose a side..Team Archer brothers..Maybe,but first i have to read the second book.

"Seeing my son in the flesh for the first time is indescribable. When he was standing there holding Ryley’s hand, I wanted to break down and cry. I’m not ashamed to admit it. I wanted to sob like a damn baby because my chest hurt."

From the beginning i knew that this book won't be boring at all and that i'll get the chance to read a little about what happened in the past between Nate,Kyley and Evan.About how everything started and that made everything better.
I'm still wondering,even if i got the chance to read a little about Nate's reaction,did he knew about what happened to Evan?Hmm.Anyway,soemthing huge will happen soon and it won't be pretty at all.And i can't wait to read it ASAP!


You can find my review on Goodreads: Here with me .

Niciun comentariu: