miercuri, 17 februarie 2016

Review:Tyrant (King, #2) by T.M. Frazier


I. Remember. Everything.

Only now I wish I didn't.

When the fog is sucked away from my mind like smoke through a vacuum, the truth that has been beyond my reach for months finally reveals itself.

But the relief I thought I would feel never comes, and I'm more afraid now than I was the morning I woke up handcuffed in King's bed.

Because with the truth comes dark secrets I was never meant to know.

I will put the lives of those I love most at risk if I let on that my memory has returned, or if I seek help from the heavily tattooed felon who owns me body and soul.

I don't know if I'm strong enough to resist the magnetic pull toward King that grows stronger every day.

He's already saved me in more ways than one. Now it's my turn to do whatever it takes to save him.

Even if that means marrying someone else...
 

Review:


“I wasn’t about to wear white and pretend to be an angel when I’d lived and fallen in love with the devil.” 

So,it seems like nothing could have stoped me from reading this book.I mean,seriously,the book was about King and Doe,so how could i ignore it?Not after everything that happened in the first book,and not after the way that book ended.Talk about cliff-hangers..Huh.Cliff-hanger end or not,it was worth it.because i knew it in my heart that Tyrant will be the best way to end King's and Doe's love story.And it was!

This book starts exactly how the first book ended,with King in a police car and Doe fighting ,trying to run back to King..But from there?Everything gets more complicated..And,let me just tell you something:i'm still shocked and speechless about everything that happened.While King was fighting yet another enemy who was threatening his life , Doe was forced to go back to her real life,where she had a child with another man,a man who was hiding something.A real life.But how much of that real life was true?Why nobody searched for her before?So many questions..But how many answers?

And now i have no doubts about how badass King could be ..And i still remember what he first said to Doe:“Because when it comes to me and mine, I am the judge. I am the jury. And if need be, I am the motherfucking executioner.” .Point made from the beginning until the end.

“In this world, there is very little I believe in, Pup. But I believe we belong together."
"You don't believe in God?" I asked.
"No, Pup. The only thing I have faith in, is you.”


A few words:Intense,sexy,badass,stubborn and capable of everything in order to keep the ones who he loved safe-those words describe King perfectly.Because it was pretty much crazy the way he was acting in this book,even if he had a good reason.But even if he was cruel,bad and pretty much a cold-blooded murderer,i got the chance to see another piece of King ,the one who loved someone so much and was willing to do everything for her,even if that meant the price could be his life.Speechles?Check.Loved him?Double check(again ,i couldn't stop myself..*sigh* ).
Doe?That girl was a true fighter,even if she couldn't remember anything from her past.Step by step ,i wished she could remember fast what happened to her..That until i got to those chapters where she started remembering ..My reaction was something like:Oh,no!Seriously?How?I can't believe that..Funny or not,i didn't expect anything like that to happen.Still,with or without her memories,she was still Doe,the girl whose life turned upside down after she met King..The girl who managed to tame the devil.But what i liked the most?Those chapter with Doe and Samuel,the way she remembered that boy,but not because she remember the past..Her heart remember him,because after all he was still a piece of her.

In this book we get the chance to meet Max,King's daughter.Such a lovely girl,even if i've read just a little bit about her she managed to win my heart .But she wasn't the only one..Samuel made me laugh because he was a cute boy and he did a few things that were funny.

“I'll always be here. You can't make me leave if you got the priest from the exorcist to come remove me. Cause I'm on step above demon... I'm Preppy.” 

Reading this book,i was a little sad because a character i loved from the first book wasn't present.But at least he was present in King ,Doe and Bear's minds,always there to tell them something or help them see how things should be.Oh,Preppy..Despite the reputation he had in the book King,i started to like that guy,a lot,and it broke my heart when started reading this book,because i knew that he won't be in it.But..At least Bear was present from the beginning until the end..A true friend,that he was.But a lot of terrible things happened to him,so i really,really can't wait to read his story..Pretty please?

What i wanted to know more?Why the book was called Tyrant.I got my answer clear and loud,and let's just say that it wasn't pretty at all.So when i tell you that this book was about lies and betrayal,will you believe?Yes,it really was,because somehow a part of Doe's past ,the one who was by her side when she was a child,the one who i never thought that he was responsible for what happened to Doe.And Doe's family?Crazy!
This book was intense and full of ups and downs,something that i expected,but not like this.It took me by surprise everything that happened.Still,it was worth it.Every single chapter.From the beginning of the story until the end.


You can find my review on Goodreads: Tyrant.

Niciun comentariu: