duminică, 7 februarie 2016

Review:Fighting Solitude (On the Ropes, #3) by Aly Martinez

I was born a fighter. Abandoned by my parents, I spent my life forging my own path—one guided by my fists and paved with pain.

Untouchable in the ring, I destroyed everyone who faced me, but that’s where my victories ended. Outside the ropes, I repeatedly failed the few people who loved me. Including my best friend, Liv James—the one person I’d die to protect.

Even though I didn’t deserve her, Liv never stopped believing in me. Never gave up. Never let go. After all, she understood what I’d lost, because she’d lost it too.

Liv was everything to me, but she was never truly mine.

That was going to change.

I lost my first love, but I refused to lose my soulmate.

Now, I’m on the ropes during the toughest battles of my life.
Fighting to be the man she deserves.
Fighting the solitude of our pasts.
Fighting for her.
 

Review:

“Every single day,” I admitted. “Every. Single. Day.” 

The first time when i've read about Quarry it was in the book Fighting Silence.That was Till's story,Quarry's older brother.From there i knew that his story will be amazing in every point.And it really was.It was funny,a little bit crazy ,intense , full of swoon worthy characters(those were the Page brothers) and once again step by step i got fascinated yet by another Page brother.Yeah,well,Till and Flint's stories were amazing,but Quarry's was entirely different and full of suprises.And..this book was written from Liv's and Quarry's point of view.Something that i think it was pretty much what made me love this book even more.

This book was focused on Quarry and Liv's life.The way they met and how their relationship changed step by step..Mainly,it was about Quarry's fear of losing every woman he loved and that started when Eliza,Till's wife,was kidnapped in one of the first books in this series,and after what happened to Quarry's girlfriend,Mia.But Liv was there for him-always being there when she needed her..Sweet and shy,but always saving him.

“She entered my life during a brief period when all the stars had momentarily aligned.
It wasn’t until it all exploded, throwing my entire world out of orbit, that I realized she was the greatest gift I’d ever been given.''


Once again i smiled like a lunatic and i laughed a lot,because after all when it comes to the Page brothers i can't stop myself from acting like that.Even if this was Quarry's story,i couldn't stop myself from thinking about Till's and Flinn's stories,about everything that happened with them and how those things changed Quarry's life.Honestly,if i had to describe him in one word:badass.And it's true!He was a fighter,one who was determined to win every game and someone who was determined to live his life exactly like he wanted.

Liv James  change Quarry's life, i have to admit that she helped him a lot.I really liked her character,but i admit that i wanted to shake her a little until she could understand what a big mistake she made at some point.But in the rest?She was sweet,shy and an amazing best friend,but i admit that i was glad when everything changed between them,when they finally opened up their eyes and saw what was in front of them.

“This doesn’t change. It’s you and me to the core. I’m not going anywhere, and neither are you. If it happens to you, it happens to me, remember. And this is definitely happening to us. Please don’t fight it.” 

The conversations between the Page brothers,mainly Flinn and Quarry,made me laugh out loud.They were pretty much crazy and it was fun reading how they were acting,but it was even more hilarious when they involved Liv.Yeah,yeah,i admit that i loved this book!
Despite what was happening between Quarry and Liv,i loved reading again about Till,Eliza,Flinn,Ash,Slate.I didn't forget about them ,but at least now i got the chance to remember a lot of things.

But..At the end,after everything that happened,Quarry and Liv's story was perfect,even if there were a few ups and downs,many surprises and a lot of ''i-can't-stop-myself-from-laughing'' moments.



You can find my review on Goodreads: Fighting Solitude

Niciun comentariu: