luni, 15 februarie 2016

Review:A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)



A thrilling, seductive new series from New York Timesbestselling author Sarah J. Maas, blending Beauty and the Beastwith faerie lore.

When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it... or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.

Perfect for fans of Kristin Cashore and George R. R. Martin, this first book in a sexy and action-packed new series is impossible to put down!

Review:

So..Last night if finished reading ACoTaR and my head was spinning too fast,so i couldn't write a proper review for this book.Even now i still don't know how to start.Hmm.
I started reading this book because i liked the description and the cover,but i have to admit that i wanted to read a new book written by this author.After Throne of Glass i can say that i will read all the books that Sarah will write..So ,yeah,i'm a big fan!
Anyway,ACoTaR wasn't like i expected it to be.It was much better,but when it comes to books about faeries and humans involved i know it will be something incredible.In this case?It was.

Like in Throne Of Glass,we get the chance to read about a character who step by step becomes someone else-someone stronger and eager to show everyone that she wasn't weak and that she could manage to do everything in her powers to save the people she loves.But in this case that character is human and everything starts after she kills an faerie.Well,the comparation between Throne of Glass and ACoTaR ends here,because what happenes next it different.
I admit that at first i didn't know what to believe.I thought that Feyre won't be someone i'll like,because she was so cold and acted like nothing mattered,that nothing could hurt her.But step by step i started to read more about her,about why she was acting like that and why she was trowing herself in the middle of danger without thinking.And i started to like her.Cold or not,she was badass,even if she was human.

“I stepped out of the shelter of my savior’s arm and turned to thank him. Standing before me was the most beautiful man I’d ever seen.”

In this book the world is divided in two:one place for humans and one place for faeries.Why?Because there was a time when faeries had humans slaves and after the war between them everything changed.Feyre is trying to do everything in her powers to not let her family die of hunger,but she never imagined that by killing a wolf,she'll get dragded in Prythian,in the faeries land,accused of killing a faerie.But what happenes there isn't what Feyre expected.In Prythian things aren't better for faeries,because something bad started happening to them ,something that weakened their powers,but it isn't something.It's someone powerfull enough to make all the faeries tremble:Amarantha,the High Queen.

I'm still trying to understand a few things,so it might take a while for me to write my true feelings about this book.I wanted so bad to love this book with all my heart,but there were a few things that were not exactly how i hoped.Between what was happening in the faeries land and what was happening to Feyre in human land,at some point i was a little confused ,but that passed when i found out the reasons behind everything.Huh,well played,Tamlin,even if you confused the heck out of me.
I could say that being dragged in Prythian was the best thing that could have happen to Feyre,after all her family treated her like she wasn't worth anything and i hated them for that.

“I love you,’ he whispered, and kissed my brow. ‘Thorns and all.”

The one who dragged Feyre in Prythian?Well,he annoyed me a lot because he was acting like beast almost all the time and i didn't like that at all.I wanted to shake some sense in him and make him see that faerie or not,everything wasn't just about him.I admit that he had his moments when he was charming and acting like a decent faerie.Those were the moments when i saw what was happening to him and why he was acting like a lunatic all the time!Still..Too bad,Tamlin.

“Do you ever stop being so serious and dull?"
"Do you ever stop being such a prick?" I snapped back.
Dead—really, truly, I should have been dead for that.
But Lucien grinned at me. "Much better.”

And there was Lucien!Oh my.While Tamlin managed to make me want to strangle someone,Lucien was someone who made me laugh a little and made me think that maybe ,yeah maybe,i'll get to that point when i will start to really love this book.Being Tamlin's emissary,there were chapters when i got to read a little more about Lucien.His past was ugly ,but his loyalty to Tamlin was something to admire.

Rhysand stared at me for long enough that I faced him.
"Be glad of your human heart, Feyre. Pity those who don't feel anything at all.” 


But the one who stole my heart?Rhysand.Yeah,the bad guy.I'm in big trouble,but still.Rhysand was the High Lord of The Night Court.The one who saved Feyre a few times,but then i didn't know who he was or what he was capable of.Charming,a little funny and very handsome,Rhys had his moments when he was creepy and scary,but the rest ?Perfect.Bad guy or not,he showed from the beginning what kind of guy he was and what he really wanted,and that's something i like.I loved the way he was acting and how he made everything possible in order for Feyre to get a chance to win Amarantha's trials.Maybe,maybe-i hated him a little bit when i thought he was just a bad guy,but everything changed big time!My point:favorite character and all the jazz!

“My priority would be to protect my family -- and I would have picked whatever side could keep them safest. I hadn't thought of it as a weakness until now.”

Nestea and Elain,Feyre's sisters,the only characters i disliked,beside Amarantha.They were acting like everything was Feyre's fault,like she wasn't the little sister.And that's something i didn't like at all.Feyre was too good for them.
Amarantha?Crazy and hungry for more power,but more hungry to have the only faerie who didn't want her:Tamlin,the High Lord of Spring Court.And i loved reading about her reactions every time Feyre won a trial,but the best reaction was when Feyre told her the answer for the riddle.Me wants more of what..

I guess i enjoyed -a little bit- reading this book ,even if i can't say that it ended up on my favorite books list.Too bad,but i guess i expected too much and in the end it wasn't.Still,Throne of Glass is the best.
A lot of things happened in this book,many ups and downs,but it still warms my heart when i read about the impossbile happening,something like:a faerie and a human falling in love.Yeah,that's the impossbile,unthinkable thing that could happen.Just in stories,but still..



You can find my review on Goodreads: A Court of Thorns and Roses

Niciun comentariu: