luni, 8 februarie 2016

Review: Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1) by Danielle L. Jensen


For five centuries, a witch’s curse has bound the trolls to their city beneath the mountain. When Cécile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken beneath the mountain, she realises that the trolls are relying on her to break the curse.

Cécile has only one thing on her mind: escape. But the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time…

But the more time she spends with the trolls, the more she understands their plight. There is a rebellion brewing. And she just might be the one the trolls were looking for...
 

Review:


“I wish I was not who I am. I wish I had met you in different circumstances, in a place far away from here, where there was no magic, politics and deception. Somewhere where things could be different between us. I wish I was someone else. But I am what and who I am, and all the wishes in the world will not change that.”

Question:Why isn't this story popular?I mean,it was absolutely fantastic and it had an unique story..So,i'll ask again: Why isn't this story popular?
After reading the description,i couldn't stop myself from reading this book and i can honestly say that i am glad.It was something new and amazing,full of amazing characters and a perfect beginning for an interesting adventure.And i really want more!
This is the first time when i read a book about trolls,so it was something new and a big surprise for me,but it wasn't bad.Not at all.

Cecile's life turned upside down after she was kidnapped and sold,but what she never imagined was that the ones who payed for her to be kidnapped were magical beings -beings that you can read about in stories ,but never see in real life.But what if trolls weren't exactly how the stories described them?What if there was more to them than meets the eye?What if..What if..But the real reason why she was kidnapped?To break a curse-to help the trolls so they can leave Trollus and live among humans..If only it could be that easy.But what Cecile never expected to happen:there was a prophecy,that among human there was a girl with hair like fire and blue eyes la the ocean,who could save them all...All she had to do was bound herself to a troll,with the prince.From there the fun begins!

''They were toying with me, like a pair of cats with a mouse.

       But I was no mouse.''

Step by step i started to like this story more,they way thigs turned up and how the characters progressed.It was fun and interesting,and every single chapter brought new questions and it made me curious to know more and more about what could happen to everyone.
It was an easy story-it was full of suprises and what made me fall in love with this story was the fact that every step ,every chapter i always found something new to make me want more.But the characters?Stubborn and badass,determined and capable of many things,but all of them were pretty much amazing.

You might say that this story was about true love story ,but at the same time this book was about the trolls desare to break the curse that kept them locked under the mountain,in Trollus.But what would happen if they managed to break the curse?What would they do?Leave in peace among humans..Or it will be war?

“I’m sorry,” I whispered. But what good were my regrets? I’d ruined everything and still he’d come for me when I’d needed him the most. I’d told myself to make the most of my life in Trollus, but instead I’d made the least of it. The worst of it! Because of me, the only other person fighting for my freedom was dying.''

Cecile wasn't like i thought she'll be.Kidnapped or not,she acted like a badass character and faced everything that was thrown at ther.She wasn't fearless or naive,but somehow she managed to think clearly and acted like a grown woman.And i loved reading about how she started to understand the trolls more and how she wanted to do something good for her.Also,her reaction to Tristan,the prince of Trollus, at first it was hilarious and it was fun reading how they were both acting like two crazy persons.Fun or not,i enjoyed reading how everything changed step by step between them,after all they were bound to each other..Love.

"That was only part of it." I barely heard him speak his voice was so quiet. "I was afraid...I am afraid of loving you, knowing that someday you will go and leave me here."

Tristan?I admit that i couldn't understand him at the beginning.He was rude and cold,but step by step ,with each chapter i started to notice more things and i could say that i started to understand the reasons and Tristan's desire to stay away from Cecile.Despite that and despite alot of things,Tristan wasn't bad at all.I liked him-even in those moments when he was acting like a cold hearted troll.Reasons,reasons..Well,heck!But after all it was worth it.Every single chapter.And i loved the fact that i got the chance to read a few chapters from his point of view,even if i wanted more.Prince or not,troll or not-Tristan was charming in his own way and he did a lot of things that made me realize that he wasn't a cold hearted troll.

''Beauty is supposed to be good and kind, and to discover it otherwise, is like a betrayal of trust. A violation of the nature of things.''

This might not be perfect ,but it made me feel too much and it got a lot of things i love to read about:forbidden love,magical creatures,bonds,battle between good and evil,magic and the promise for something more.
I was fascinated by what happened and i loved the characters,especially Cecile.But the way the book was written?Brilliant.And i really want more!



You can find my review on Goodreads: Stolen Songbird

Niciun comentariu: