marți, 23 februarie 2016

Review: One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters


**Standalone Contemporary Romance**

He found me in blood and tears.
I stayed with him through darkness and fire.

We loved each other in the moment between innocence and bitter truth.
We were the kids easily ignored, who grew into adults we hardly knew.

We weren’t meant to last forever. And we didn’t.

He ran away.
I tried to move on.

Yet I never stopped thinking about the boy who had fought to keep me alive in a world that would have swallowed me whole. He was the past that I buried, but never forgot.

Until the day I found him again, years after believing I had lost him forever.

And in cold, resentful eyes, I saw the heart of the man who had been everything when I had nothing at all. So I vowed to hold onto the second chance that was stolen from the children we had been.

Sometimes fate is ugly. Life can be twisted.
And who we are can be ruined by who we once were.

For two people who had survived so much, we would have to learn how to hold on before we were forced to let go.
 


Review:


“You’re not the same. Neither of us are. But I know that I will love the man as much as I loved the boy.”

You want to know how i'm feeling every single time when i finish reading a book written by this author?Like my heart is one step away from exploding,because this books are a roller coaster of emotional events,full of beautiful,but at the same time heartbreaking moments.Every chapter,every single page was intense and full of surprises.

Since this isn't the first book written A. Meredith Walters that i've read,i can admit that expected something complicated like this,and it was perfect,even if it was full of ups and downs,full of heartbreaking moments ,but the best thing,the reason why everything was perfect:this book was about second chance,true love.
Maybe,if you already read this book,you're wondering how can i think this book is perfect..With everything that happened,bad and good,pain and joy..Still,nothing will change my opinion.

Imogen had a plan to ran  away ,to see if this plan will make her mother notice the fact that she was missing..But Imogen never thought that her life will change forever,she never thought that meeting Yossarian Frazier would change everything and that would make her want things she couldn't have..
Yoss wasn't just a normal boy.Being homeless,he had to do things in order for him to keep his friends safe,but his secrets turn his life into a nightmare,full of ugly scars and something that with each day takes away a part of his soul.That until he met Imogen.But something happened,something that broke them apart,only to meet again after fifteen years..Will they get their happy ending?

“I know who you are in here. I trusted the eighteen-year-old boy who made sure I was fed. Who protected me. Who loved me. And I trust the man he became. Sure, people can change, but I see who you are.” 

When i started reading this book i couldn't believe how stubborn Imogen was,but step by step i started to  understand her more ,i started to agree with her ..a little,not fully.But still,It was pretty much crazy how everything happened and i admit that i enjoyed reading about her and Yoss.

Yoss and Imogen's story is full of darkness,full of heartbreaking moments and need.Full of intense desire and wishes for something more,for something that could make them understand that they could have their happy ending..If only..

Too many things happened,it was a roller coaster of emotions that kept making me wish to know how this story will end.I got to that point,and finally i got the chance to add another book written by this fantastic author on my ''favorite books'' list.
Hard or not,this book was worth reading.

“Maybe after all these years I was still just that girl standing in the rain. Waiting for a boy who would never come.”

Imogen wasn't a bad character.I admit that i liked the way she was thinking ,but the best part of this book was the way she reacted when she saw Yoss again,after fifteen years.I'm glad that i got the chance to read about what happened with them when they met the first time,when they were younger.And Yoss?Stubborn,stubborn man.That he was.But despite that,he was sweet and amazing.Even thought his life a nightmare,he managed to survive and help other.He was the kind of man capable of everything in order for those who he loved to be safe .And ,hard or not,it was the real reason why he was amazing.

This book wasn't simple at all.And from the beginning until the end i knew that something huge will happen,that the other shoes will drop and bad,bad things could happen.But,well,what happened wasn't that bad,but still..
The way Imogen and Yoss met again after fifteen years,wasn't pretty at all and with that everything started.Step by step ,everything changed and it brought old memories.

This book was pretty much crazy,but i don't regret reading it.It was worth it.



You can find my review on Goodreads: One day soon .

Niciun comentariu: