luni, 25 ianuarie 2016

Review:Worth It (Forbidden Men #6) by Linda Kage



I fell in love once.

It was amazing. She was amazing. Life was amazing.

I lived for each time I could see her, and nothing else mattered, not that our families were enemies, our time together was forbidden, or we had to meet in secret.

Our love could conquer all.

Until it didn't.

So I was ripped away from the love of my life and shoved into hell, forced to continue without her.

It shattered me, broke the best parts of me, left me permanently damaged.

Or so I thought.

Years later, I swear history’s trying to repeat itself because she’s back in my life, and I’m just as drawn to her as I was before. But I'm older and wiser now, and I know she should stay away from a worthless ex-con like me.

So, I will not let her in. I absolutely refuse to hurt her. I will keep her away.

Then again, sometimes risking your greatest fear to get to a smile makes everything worth it, and besides, I’m not sure I can resist her, anyway.

This is the story of how Felicity Bainbridge changed my life forever, starting one summer day long ago after I was forced to change a dirty diaper...

--Knox Parker

Review:


“No matter what happens tonight, don’t ever change, okay? You are fun and sweet and amazing just the way you are. You make the world a better place because you always find the bright side. You are the bright side. And if I’m ever going to make it through this, I need to know you’re out there, still glowing and making the world bright.” 

After reading the description for book the Worth It i started wondering why this book wasn't about someone i knew-why it wasn't about one of the guys from the group,but now i know why and honestly,i'm glad that i got the chance to read Knox's story.

Heartbreaking and at the same time beautiful,Worth It was a book full of ups and downs,full of beautiful and sad moments,but mainly a book about true love and what was capable to do a man who was in love.It was a book about sacrifice and lies,betrayal and hatred.But,at some point it was a book about two people who fell in love and had to go through hell in order for them to find each other again.

Know Arrow Parker's life changed when he met Felicity Bainbridge.He was happy and  in love,finally with someone who could understand him and someone who acted like he meant everything for her..But ,it turns out that he fell in love with the wrong girl-the daughter of his enemy.Truth ?Even that couldn't stop him.Until everyone finds out the truth and Knox was locked in prison for something he didn't do.

Felicity Bainbridge was different from her family.She knew that what they were doing to the Parker family was wrong,but she couldn't do anything.Until Know.Until he met him and finaly realized that he wasn't that bad.But falling in love with him was something her family never thought that will happen.

Six years later the unthinkable happens:Felicity and Knox,both are working in the Frobidden Club.

“I have no idea why you tried so hard to save me,” I murmured into her hair. “But I’ll be forever grateful you did.” 
Smiling at me, she just said, “It’s because you’re worth it.”


Surprised?Heck yes.Why?Because i loved the fact that i could read what happened in the past with Knox and Felicity.It was amazing ,even if it broke my heart what i've read about them when they were younger.I admit that i hated Felicity's family with all my heart,but i gotta admit that Knox's family wasn't better,so i guess neither of them are my favorite.But it turns out that both Felicity and Knox were different-in a good way!ANd of course ..Perfect for each other.

“I don’t know who I am anymore. But I know I still love you. I always have, and I always will.” 

Knox changed so much after spending time in prison.He was a different person and i could see the difference because of those chapters from the past.Now he was quiet and dangerous,someone who thought that he couldn't be close to anyone because he could hurt someone,but the truth is:he wasn't like that.He was still the same loving Knox who wouldn't dare hurt someone.Well,he punched Ten..Heck,i laughed out loud then,even if Ten didn't deserve that.But it was hilarious.Haha!Still,i liked him and i hated that he had to go through so many ugly things.Ugh!I want to punch someone.

“I’ve never loved anyone the way I love you. I’ve tried. Believe me, I tried so hard to get over you. I tried to move on... But all I ever thought about was you.”

And Felicity?Dang it ,girl.I love her.Because she didn't gave up and because she was so damn strong.Yeah,there were moments when i didn't know what to think about what was happening in her head,but i got used to her and her way of thinking.Sweet and stubborn,Felicity made me realize that when you want something you have to fight for it,to be strong enough to show everyone that you can't give up.

“We’ve never really been apart. From the moment you bumped into me in those woods, we’ve belonged to each other … I don’t care if we’ve grown up. We’re still Knox and City at the core, and we’ll always love each other. You know why?” I leaned in to whisper … “Because we don’t know how to stop.” 

And Pick Jason Ryan?That guy was the best!He knew damn well what he had to do for Knox and he did everything he could.And let's just say that he got some major points for everything.
Well,heck,those scenes when Knox took care of Skylar and Julian?Made me swoon!Because he was so freaking adorable.If you want to know why,read the book ASAP!
Even if he wasn't a part of those first books in this series,Knox Parker belonged with everyone else.Becoming a bartender at the Forbidden Club with the other characters made me see him as someone who really meant to be there with Noel,Ten,Pick,Mason and Asher..

Oh..Oh!I almost forgot:What the heck was with that Epilogue?Seriously?I still can't believe and even if i don't know what will happen next,i really hope that it's true!Seriously.I really want that to be true..Like right now.Pretty please!?


You can find my review on Goodreads: Worth It.

2 comentarii:

rosia_lady spunea...

imi place ca ne prezinti atatea carti noi de care nu am auzit, cartea aceasta suna bine,

Oana H. spunea...

Ma bucur ca iti place si o sa continui sa fac asta.Din fericire am inceput sa scriu din nou recenzii,ceea ce sper ca nu o sa se schimbe din nou.
Pot sa spun ca toate cartile din seria Forbidden Men sunt superbe.