sâmbătă, 23 ianuarie 2016

Review:With Every Heartbeat (Forbidden Men, #4) by Linda Kage




I used to think everything was black and white, truth or lie, easy or hard, that if I could just escape my strict, overbearing, abusive father, my life would be perfect. But since I’ve found a reason to risk his wrath and leave, to help a friend in need, I’ve come to realize everything I thought I knew is wrong. 

Friends have their own agenda, honesty comes with a dosage of lie, easy doesn’t even exist, keeping secrets sucks, and love...love is the most painful thing of all. 

Maybe if Quinn Hamilton hadn’t asked me to skip classes for the day and help him pick out an engagement ring for my best friend, I wouldn’t have fallen for him so completely on that sunny Tuesday afternoon and I wouldn’t feel so conflicted. But I did, and I can’t take it back, no matter how hard I try. So I have to deal with the fact that even I’m not as good, or honest, or caring as I’d always thought I was, and no matter what I do next, someone’s going to get hurt. Probably me.

-Zoey Blakeland

Review:


“I knew exactly why I shouldn’t be her friend. This was no mere attraction. What I suffered from was total, debilitating awareness. Every freaking inch of me tuned in to her.”

If i keep reading books like this one ,i'm pretty sure that i'll have to admit every single time that i've fall in love with too many male characters.Is it possible?Heck yes.But,well,it isn't my fault..I swear!
Since i've read about Quinn Hamilton in To Professor ,with love and Be my hero  i wanted to read his story.I was really curious,mainly because he was the type of character that makes you think that there is more to him and that maybe he will show you things that you never imagined you'll know about him.And it was exactly like that.
Step by step i was completely caught up in Quinn's story.The way it started,the way everything happened..Well,it blew my mind.But ,i got to admit that i laughed out loud a lot while i've read this book.I couldn't stop myself.

The difference between this books and the others,was the fact that Quinn was a little diffrent,or maybe that's how i saw him.Being the shy one,the good and always the one who was there when someone needed his help,Quinn's life was a little turned upside down,mainly because he was dating a girl who didn't deserve him.That until Zoey.
Zoey's reason for moving in Ellamore helped her escape from her home,escape from a place where she was abused by her father.But step by step,her feelings for Quinn transform into something more,even if she knows she can't have him.
Both Zoey and Quinn were the type of people whom never imagined betraying someone or doing something wrong.Both shy and a little naive,but the kind of people who loved with a fierce passion and they were perfect for each other.But,there was Cora,Quinn's girlfriend,who made everything difficult.

”I had a major crush on my best friend’s boyfriend. For some reason- probably complete denial – I hadn’t understood before why my body reacted every time he was around … or even whenever his name was mentioned.”

Quinn Hamilton-the perfect gentleman and the kind of friend everyone wants,made my heart race and ,of course a few times,break.He was perfect in every single way-but being naive isn't the best thing for him.I liked him and i enjoyed reading about him.It was fun,but i hated the fact that he was so blind.At least he was charming ,sweet and handsome,right?I admit ,i admit!I loved those scenes when the guys teased him.He was adorable when was blushing and acting shy.It made me laugh.I loved him because he was always trying to do everything good,always worried about his friends,always trying to help..

''Zoey might just know more about me than any other living person on the planet. She was my confidante and a friend.''

But i loved that at least the female character was exactly the same.Shy,beautiful and a good friend.That's how i would describe Zoey Blakeland .Her only weakness was being too good to those who don't deserve.Like Cora.In a way,Zoey had her moments when she was a little crazy,mainly when she was near Ten.Oh my,i laughed a lot because of them,and i admit that it was a little weird how easy Zoey and Ten accepted each other.The best part?Her and Quinn.

"Don't be ashamed of being a big soft teddy bear, Ham. The world needs more people like you otherwise i just go to shit."

Like always,a lot of things happened in this book!Still trying to process everything,but i can honestly say that it was pretty much amazing,despite a few heartbreaking moments.And sometimes i wished that Quinn and Zoey weren't so damn shy!Oh well,it was worth it after all.

Now when i think back at what i've read in this book i remember all those crazy moments when i laughed out loud ..but,let me tell you something:Somehow Ten was always there making everything better or awkward,he was crazy and i can't wait to read his story!But i loved the fact that all the characters from the other books in this series were present.
Even if there was a lot of drama,because of Cora(i hate her!),the story was beautiful.



You can find my review on Goodreads: With every heartbeat

Niciun comentariu: