miercuri, 20 ianuarie 2016

Review:To Professor, with Love (Forbidden Men #2) by Linda Kage



Junior in college. Star athlete. Constant attention from the opposite sex.

On this campus, I'm worshiped. While seven hundred miles away, back in my hometown, I'm still trailer park trash, child of the town tramp, and older sibling to three kids who are counting on me to keep my shit together so I can take them away from the same crappy life I grew up in.

These two opposing sides of myself never mix until one person gets a glimpse of the true me. I never expected to connect with anyone like this or want more beyond one night. This may be the real deal.

Problem is Dr. Kavanagh's my literature professor.

If I start anything with a teacher and we're caught together, I might as well kiss my entire future goodbye, as well as my family's and especially Dr. Kavanagh's. Except sometimes love is worth risking everything. Or at least, it damn well better be, because I can only resist so much.


-N. G.

Review:


“It's always the one you shouldn't want that you end up wanting the most”

Being that this isn't the first book with a student-professor forbidden relationship that i've read so far,i can admit (Honestly!!!) that i couldn't stop reading this book!And i swear that when i first saw that description my reaction was like this: I must read this ASAP!
I'm not sure why i'm tempted to read books with this kind of story,but i'm addicted to them.Maybe because i always end up feeling like everything is possible and ,of course,the fact that all those book have an interesting story-crazy,full of surprises,hot characters,forbidden relationship and,of course,complicated past/present. But i can't ignore them!I can't and i won't.

To professor,with love made me smile a lot,a smile i couldn't wipe off my face the entire time i've read the book-the smile vanished only when something bad happend.There were moments when i wanted to laugh out loud,because the main characters where funny,but also they were very stubborn,which made me want to strangle them a lot.But,unfortunately,that feeling dissapeared quickly,because step by step everything transformed into something beautiful.

This isn't the first book written by Linda that i got the chance to read,so i can admit that still she managed to surprise me.The book was so good,despite all the crazy things that happened.Each chapter was unique and i am soo glad that i got the chance to read the book from Noel and Aspen's point of view.
And ,i admit right now,i was soo suprised when i got the chance to read again about two favorite characters of mine from the first book!Yay!!

"He wasn't supposed to reach into my soul and get a handhold of my heart or squeeze these feelings out of me, exactly as he'd just done. No one should be able to do that in eight double-spaced pages. But he had." 

To professor,with love is the story of two completely different people who never thought that something huge will happen between them.Being that one of them is a student and the other one is a professor,everything is complicated from the beginning.But everything starts with a bad grade ,from there step by step the whole story starts to unfold.

Crazy as it sounds,this story from the beginning allowed me to imagine step by step a lot of different scenes of how it could end or what could happen,but at some point i shaked my head and started reading it faster so i could really know what actually happened.
In this book we met Aspen Kavanagh and Noel Gamble.Two stubborn people whose life change completely and becomes something beautiful,but there are a few things that complicates everything for them:student and professor,the need to help his family and the need to show her family that she wasn't like them.Yeah,well,like i said it was complicated.

"I wanted you to look at me and see the success I wanted to be. Not the failure I knew I was."

Noel Gamble-well,my opinion about Noel changed step by step.With every chapter from his point of view i started seeing the real Noel and not the guy everyone knew at that school.It was fun reading about him.Mainly,because he was handsome and charming,but he was the kind of guy that showed everyone that he wasn't a dumb jock who cared only about football.
There were a lot of scenes when i was trying really hard to understand what was happening in Noel's head.Sometimes he surprised me and it wasn't really hard for me to change my opinion completely about him.So ,yeah,i liked him.A lot.

''We were split between two worlds. She was the frumpy, genius professor hiding romantic hopes and dreams. I was the stud playboy football star working my ass off to save my poor, broke family. What a pair we made.''

 Honestly,at the beginning i didn't know what to think of Aspen.She was the professor and she acted like she was someone soo important,but step by step i started to read more and more about her,i started to understand her more and i started to understand why she acted like that.But i liked her more when she wasn't acting like a professor.Yeah,she didn't know how to have fun,but i loved how everything changed after her relationship with Noel progressed.And,what i have to add:She was a bookworm.

“You. Are. Mine... I don’t care how wrong we are for each other. I don’t care that I’ll never be good enough for you or that we’re risking everything to be together... Fuck it all. You are fucking mine. And I’m yours. And we belong together.”

There were a lot of surprises and a lot of crazy moments.I swear, between what was happening with Aspen/Noel thing and reading about the place where Noel was working,the Forbidden club,i was constantly trying not to jump up and down.The whole idea was perfect.
I knew that i won't be dissapointed.Yeah ,the starting was a little strange,but from there it got better and better.And i really liked what i've read.

There were a lot of characters that i liked in this book.Well,that doesn't surprise me at all.The story wouldn't have been the same without them.Esspecially,without Ten.That guy was crazy,but he was Noel's best friend after all.

The end of the book?The best.



You can find my review on Goodreads: To professor,with love

Niciun comentariu: