marți, 19 ianuarie 2016

Review:Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men #1) by Linda Kage



I don’t care what my cousin says; I am not the queen of impossible relationships. I mean, just because my last boyfriend tried to kill me and left a bit of a scar on my neck, then forced me to move across the country and legally change my name to Reese Randall to escape him, does not mean—

Oh, who am I kidding? For a freshman in college, I have to have the worst dating track record ever.

It’s no wonder love is the last thing on my mind when Mason Lowe enters my life. But the chemistry between us is like bam! Our connection defies logic. And he’s just so freaking hot. Being around him makes me feel more alive than I’ve ever felt before. I even like bickering with him. He could be my soul mate...except for one teeny tiny glitch.

He's a gigolo.

Boy, do I know how to pick them.

Review:

“You’re the warm sun that shines when everything else is dark,”

Price of a Kiss was a big surprise for me.It was the kind of book that has everything i love to read about in books from the New Adult category:A bad past,a forbidden relationship,true love,two hot characters and a very good ending!But between those things?Many ups and downs and impossible scenes that drove me crazy.Huh.

The main reason why i loved the book?Because it made me laugh,smile like crazy,it made me sad and it made me want to shout out loud that some things weren't fair at all.Well,it seems that right now i'm glad that my desire to shout out loud is something that i can control,or else everyone right would've thought that i'm crazy..Yikes!

“You’re the warm sun that shines when everything else is dark,” he went on, lifting his hands to rest them on the wall on either side of my face. “A smile and a hug in a roomful of disapproval. You’re…” Wincing, he pressed his forehead against mine. “You’re everything.”

Price of a Kiss wasn't a simple story about two people who met and just like that it was simple.Nope.Not at all.And that's what i loved the most.I can't say that every day i find books that made me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

Reese Randall ran away from her past or at least that's what she tried to do when she moved away from her home.But leaving everything in the past wasn't easy at all.And the reminder of what happened there was imprinted on the back of her neck.But everything changes step by step when she starts babysitting Mason Lowe's baby sister.Good God,that girl made me laugh and so many times i was shocked because she was so strong.Funny,beautiful and loyal,Reese made me believe that some things are worth fighting for.Even if a few time she acted like a lunatic.Huh.

At least she had a good reason why to fight and forget the past.

“You might not have charged me a fee, but kissing you is too big of a price for me. I didn’t sign up for this. Now let me go.”

Mason Lowe's reputation was the first thing that i wished that could change ASAP!Don't get me wrong,i understand the reasons why he became a gigolo,but trust me when i say that the end of the book made me the happiest girl alive.Huh,too much?Yup.Funny,charming and handsome,Mason managed to win my heart,despite his reputation.But,i admit that i enjoyed reading about him.He was sweet and a good friend,even if i loved the book even more after his relationship with Reese changed completely.

“I will find work wherever I am. But I won't find another you.”

Honestly,this book ,like i said above,it was a surprise for me.A good surprise.
There were a few characters that i liked and a few that i wanted to strangle with my hands.I won't write about them,because after all that happened in this book those characters got what they deserved.
Mason and Reese's relationship tranformed a lot on this book.From being rude to each other they became friends,and than..Well,let's just say that the next step made them fight for what they wanted,even if that meant for them to confront the past.



You can find my review on Goodreads: Price of a Kiss.

Niciun comentariu: