duminică, 3 ianuarie 2016

Review:Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas



"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."


From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.



Review:



“When you do, I want you to remember that it wouldn’t have made any difference to me. It’s never made any difference to me when it came to you. I’d still pick you. I’ll always pick you.” 


Since the moment i decided to give this series another chance i never thought that it will be so good!Here i am trying to write my thoughts and feelings about Crown of Midnight,even if i have no idea how to start..I'm socked ,speechless,happy ,sad and one step away from jumping up and down..
Well,i'll start with why i'm shocked ,speechless,happy ,sad and why i want to jump up and down.
Shocked:because even if (i admit and i'm not ashamed!) i knew how much the readers loved this series ,i never thought that it'll be so good(Good?Well,That's just one word..My list is too long)!Well,heck.

Speechless: So many good and bad things happened.Ups and Downs,People!Many ups and downs,but i loved every single chapter.But those ups and downs left me speechless for a while..Cause after all this book is about Celaena Sardothien-badass characters and from now on my favorite character ever!

Happy:Yay,finally i got the chance to see a little about how Celaena looks when she is happy.And because i got the chance to understand many things ..And ,of course,something happened.Something hugeee!Something that i wished that maybe i'll get to chance to read about..Oh,my heart!

Sad:Why be happy,when you know something sad will happen soon?Well,my poor heart broke so many times while i read this book,it's a surprise i can feel it beating.In a way i hate that a lot of bad things happened in order for Celaena to understand what she had to do..But i still hate what happened in the last chapters.. *sad face*

Why i want to jump up and down?Because i want to know moreee!I want the next book ASAP!

Anyway..Forget what i wrote above for a while -i have more to write. *sigh*

With all my heart i wished for something huge to happen in this book..Well,i got what i wanted.You know what they say:Be carefull what you wish for..
I got more than i wanted..But it was the best thing i ever read.

Celaena Sardothien in Throne of Glass became the King's Champion and now she has to fulfill her King's wishes.Every single bad thing he wants her to do.Becoming his Champion means that Celaena has to kill every single man/woman who dares to defy the King.And everything starts when the King gives Celaena a name.Archer Finn.
But Archer Finn is someone from Celaena's past-a former crush and friend.Someone who knew her well enough.From there, step by step ,the ups and downs begin to happen.


“The best lies were always mixed with truth.” 

I admit that in the first book i knew that Celaena was strong ,brave and determined to do anything ,but now i understand her better.Strange,but with every page i read i was more and more surprised that she was so determined to show everyone that she didn't need help or anyone to protect her.Yeah,strong and all the jazz,but once in a while i wish ..Well,nevermind.
As always she was badass and capable of anything,something i like.After all she was an trained assassin .
While i read this book i was constantly trying not to yell or throw my fist in the air every time something happened.The story was fantastic,brilliant and Epic.

“It was like coming home or being born or suddenly finding an entire half of herself that had been missing.” 

After this book..I have to say this right now:My loyality still belongs to Chaol!Yeah,now i love him more.
Poor Chaol..Everything he did was for Celaena.I understand that and i hope that soon enough his loyality for the king dissapears..FAST!Like right now!But i know now to who he will be loyal after this book..Finally,i got what i wanted.Yay!Celaena and Chaol...Oh my.The best thing that could have happen. *sigh*

And now the surprise..I never expected something like this to happen.Yeah,i like Dorian ,but no ,i never thought that he will have a huge role in those chapters in which Celaena finds out everything about what was happening.
Between Dorian and Chaol,i think i'll always chose Chaol.They were both a huge part of Celaena's life,but somehow Chaol won my heart.Not because of those scenes between Celaena and him.Nope.I loved him from the beginning,even when he was harsh and bad with her.Something told me he will be my favorite..I'm not sure until when.But ,honestly,them being friends make everything harder!

“If you are captured, if you are hurt, you are beyond our reach. You will be entirely on your own.”
“I’ll be fine.”
“But I won’t be. Every day that you’re there, I will wonder what has become of you. I won’t.... I won’t forget you. Not for one hour.” 


Something huge happened after Celaena and Chaol finally got close ,something that broke my heart and Celaena's trust in Chaol.And than Dorian was there for her..And i don't know how to feel about that.
When it comes to Celaena, i'll always remember the fact that, even if she's an assassin ,her life revolves around something bigger.Huge!Now i know that Dorian and Chaol are capable of doing anything for her. 

“I'm happy for you, my friend."

Celaena smiled back. "I think... I think I'm happy for me, too."


Nehemia's part in this book didn't surprise me at all.She helped Celaena understand a few things,but she had her own mission to do.Even if i didn't suspect what she was doing,i enjoyed reading about her moments with Celaena.She was fierce and determined.Something i admire.But i'm not surprised,after all Celaena was surrounded by warriors.
But what Nehemia did in order for Celaena to understand what she had to do next..Well,that's the most shocking thing and that moment almost made me cry.Oh,Nehemia..

In a way i always wondered if i'll get the chance to read about someone from Celaena's past,those years when she was training with the Assassins.Reading about Archer Finn was a little strange and too easy.But now?I'm so glad that he got what he deserved.I thought he was someone who would help Celaena,but i was wrong.Another character i will always hate:Adarlan's King.Strange,strange guy..Powerfull and obssesed to get more power..Full of secrets and capable of horrible,horrible things,King of Adarlan's makes me want to run and hide,even if he is just an fictional character.

“Perhaps the world would never be perfect, perhaps some things would never be right, but maybe she stood a chance of finding her own sort of peace and freedom.”

The action in this book is brilliant.From the beginning until the end we get so many badass moment and i don't even know if i should write about them.
I love how the characters evolved.It gave me a chance to understand them more,but now i know something:Celaena had too many secrets hidden and i can't wait to find them all.


You can find my review on Goodreads: Crown Of Midnight.

Niciun comentariu: