sâmbătă, 16 ianuarie 2016

Review:Breaking Him (Love is War #1) by R.K. Lilley



SCARLETT

It was the kind of relationship where I invested more than I had to spare.

I gave it everything.

And so when it failed, I lost myself.

It changed me. He changed me.

I went down with the ship.

My soul, burnt embers in the aftermath.

The fire of him ravaged it all.

He burned me.

Broke me.



Scarlett had always dreamed big. She was headed straight for Hollywood. Destined for silver screen greatness.

But in her wildest dreams she never imagined she’d be broke and single at twenty-eight, doling drinks at thirty-five thousand feet.

She was a glorified waitress in the skies.

It had been years since she’d seen him.

But one day, there he sat, gazing intently at her, ready to set everything ablaze once more.

Dante wanted her. Again.

Sure, she’d play along…but this time, it was his turn.

She was breaking him.

After all, love is war.
 

Review:


''Once upon a time,i'd been his angel.''

Can someone tell me what really just happened?What did i read?Oh,my!The book was crazy from the beginning and i tried so hard to keep up with what was happening,but i'm speechless.

So,the easy way to explain this book sounds like this:Imagine two people stubborn and hotheaded with a bad temper playing with each other,despite the fact that they love each other a lot.That love isn't enough because they have a bad past full of surprises and pain..But..Yeah,that word again!There is something huge happening between them ,something that they can't deny and something that it can't be ignored.

Honestly,when i started reading the book i didn't understand what was happening and why Scarlett was acting like woman who wanted to strangle someone-that someone being Dante,her ex.Yeah it was fun reading about how they were acting when they were together,but i admit that it was annoying sometimes.

Annoying or not,there were moments when i couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud.Both Scarlett and Dante were crazy.I swear!

“I wasn’t here to make love.  I was here to make war.”

Scarlett Throux tried so hard to get away from her old life,to escape her past,but everyone knows that that isn't possible.Running from her past and trying to forget everything,Scarlett is expecting an opportunity to became an actress..But,once again someone from her past comes back in her life and brings back memories.Memories full of happiness and pain.Memories of something that couldn't happen.It was fun reading about her because she was trying too hard to do some things and she was blinded by her bad temper...Well,those chapter written from past where the reason why i started to understand her more.

But,i still think that all the drama was too crazy .And the way everything happened was a little bit too much.

“Not this.  Not us.  Neither of us have a choice in this.  You and I being together is not a question, Scarlett, it’s a fact of life.”

And Dante?That guy was exactly like Scarlett.So i'm not surprised that they were in love.Imagine a male version of Scarlett,but with a few more secrets and reasons why to stay away.But,i kind of hated what was happening..Dante wasn't exactly like i thought.He wanted more and he tried to make Scarlett understand that.But there were moments when i didn't know what to believe anymore.
Yeah,it was fun reading how they were fighting each other.The words,the actions..It was crazy!
I loved reading those chapters from the past,about how Scarlett and Dante met,and how they friendship begin.Those chapters revealed a lot about them and it was interesting to read about young Scarlett.

”There is only one heart in this universe that calls to mine, and it does call. Constantly, relentlessly, it sings out to me in a captivating, resonating voice. Day after day, year after year, it calls to me. But I won’t listen to it. It belongs to a liar.”

There things i still can't understand and some scenes were intense,but what was clearly obvious was the fact that something huge happened with Dante and Scarlett,something that made them both run away from each other.

It seems that there were many ups and downs.Crazy family members and too many secrets.But i liked both Dante and Scarlett.They were perfect for each,even if the end made me want to shake some sens in them.Seriously!Why!?What happened so bad between them?Why they where trying to hurt each other so bad?So many questions..And now i have to wait until the next book.


You can find my review on Goodreads: Breaking Him.

Niciun comentariu: