marți, 29 decembrie 2015

Review:Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard.



This is a world divided by blood – red or silver.

The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change.

That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.

Fearful of Mare’s potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime.

But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance – Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart ...
 



Review:



“In the fairy tales, the poor girl smiles when she becomes a princess. Right now, I don't know if I'll ever smile again.”  

Recently i wanted to read something new and it seems like every time i look for something different i get what i want.

 Red Queen made me wish that every single dystopian book could make me feel like i can't stop reading or that i'll end up speechless and wanting more.Honestly,i read a couple of books like this one ,i mean dystopian books that left me speechless and the reason why i fell in love with dystopia genre, (Divergent,Delirium,The Selection and etc)and that's why i keep trying to find more and more.But,unefortunely,books like The Red Queen are hard to find.
The story was unique and amazing. The characters were badass and  unique in every single way.
But..I admit that i didn't fell in love because it was a dystopian story..Nu-huh..I fell in love with the way everything is written and the fact that the author did everything she could to write something unique.

The first that i saw before i read the description was the cover,it made me curious and i thought that with a cover like this one i must read the description. And i did that...Now?I'm really glad.
Usually ,when i find a book that i want to read ,i read a few reviews first ,but in this case i didn't do that.
In this case i did something like : Read the book first and than read reviews later. *sigh*
I'm glad that i did that.

My honest opinion?
Well, everyone should read this book,esspecially those who love to read this kind of books.

Why?

Because the book was mindblowing,full of surprises ,lies ,huge secrets,betrayal and the main ingredient :Love.

  “A lie will raise me up, and one day another lie will bring me down.” 



A few words about the story.
In this book there are two type of people: those with red blood and those with silver blood. Two type of human beings who are different and they'll never stop hating each other.
Those with Silver blood are the powerfull ones,meanwhile those with the Red blood are the weak ones..But everything changes  with one girl..
 This story is about a girl who discovers the truth about her real powers,but at the same time she ends up in the middle of the war.Her life doesn't belong to her.Everything transforms into a lie.

 “I'm a Red girl in a sea of Silvers and I can't afford to feel sorry for anyone, least of all the son of a snake. 

About the characters..

Mare- oh my,i love it when i get the chance to read about an character like her. Yes,she was too easy to fool at first,but i loved it when she got the chance to show them how powerfull she was. Who would have thought that in the end the girl ,who did everything they wanted , was the one who showed them that everything could change in a second? Loooved it!.

“Cal and Maven are deadly creatures, soldiers. But their battle isn't just on the lines. It's here, in a palace, on the broadcasts, in the heart of every person they rule. They will rule, not just by right of a crown, but by might. Strength and power. It's all the Silvers respect, and it's all it takes to keep the rest of us slaves.”  

Cal- um, fool me once ,shame on you;fool me twice ,shame on me. He was my favorite,but i swear that i wanted to shake some sens in him. Seriously, he was really blind,but i guess what really matters is the way the book ended. But...Like in every book the prince always has a free ride in the huge rollercoaster of up and downs until he finally opens his eyes and sees the true.Honestly,i still liked him ,despite every single mistake he made.


Maven- ugh,i'm not sure what to say about this character. I suspected at the beginning that something was really strange about this guy, but step by step i started to forget about my suspicions and i started liking him. I mean, c'mon, he was sweet and he obviously wanted to help Mare..Mmm.You know what they say about the quiet and shy people,right? You never know what they are planning.

 Queen Elara - i don't have good things to say about that evil queen ,so i'll try to keep it simple. She wanted something bad to happen,but she never thought that something huge will happen.

The King - like father ,like son. I mean,both were blind and never saw what the Queen was planning. One paid the price and one had to run. Simple as that.

Kilorn- from the beginning i thought that maybe he'll be the one to save the day. He had a huge part in everything,but somehow i wished that something more to happen. I liked that he cared about Mare and he did some things that made me like him even more..


 ''Part of me wishes I could submit to chains, to captivity and silence. But I have lived that life already, in the mud, in the shadows, in a cell, in a silk dress. I will never submit again. I will never stop fighting.'' 

After everything that happened, the end left me speechles. I mean not only the end, the last chapters were crazy and full of surprises. Many secrets were revealed and many things happened at once.

There were a lot of characters i liked ,also there were a few i disliked. Like in every book there was a balance between the bad ones and the good ones.
That balance made everything perfect,even if i wanted some things to happen different.
The story,from my point of view,was perfect and amazing. Full of surprises and badass characters.
But what made it so special was the fact that it was Unique..

Maybe i didn't write a lot about what happened in the book,but you have to understand that sometimes(every time) when i write an review i tend to write too many spoilers..So,i hope you understand what i wanted to write about the book.

Rating:


You can find this review on GoodReads: Red Queen review.

Niciun comentariu: