marți, 5 noiembrie 2013

Review : Keep You From Harm by Debra Doxer

Secrets…

They weigh you down. I’ve kept a secret all my life. It’s my mother’s secret, too. I inherited it from her along with a unique ability that only we possess. She’s gone now, another victim of addiction. If her death isn’t enough to bring me to my knees, her betrayal flays me to the bone. Because the secret my mother and I have been keeping is just one of many she’d kept. She never told me I have an older brother. And now he’s here, eager to be my guardian.

There is no one else. So I move across the country to live with this stranger, my brother. But experience has taught me that most situations are temporary and forming attachments only leads to hurt in the end. That’s why I’m determined to keep to myself in this new place, struggling to seem aloof while I’m quietly breaking apart.

Then I meet Lucas…

His magnetism is hard to resist, and most girls at school aren’t resisting. I don’t fall so easily though, especially not for guys who use their good looks as a weapon. From the start, our interactions are tense and volatile. I know it’s because I’m denying the unwelcome desire that grips me when he’s near. I think he feels it, too. He looks at me with an intensity that threatens to unhinge my resolve. Soon he’s trying to break through the walls that past hurts have built.

But I’m not what I appear to be, and it wouldn’t be fair to get involved with him. At least that’s what I tell myself. Until a terrible act of violence reveals that Lucas has a secret, too. It’s a secret that links us together and ties us to an evil history I could never have imagined.


Review:

In "Keep You From Harm" we read about a young girl whose life changes completely one day.After she finds her mother dead,Raielle thinks that she's alone and doesn't have anyone else ,but she's wrong.
There are too many secrets,big secrets and once again Raielle  realizes that her mother didn't tell her a lot,like for exemple the fact that she had a brother who wanted to meet her.

Holy moly!That was my reaction after i finished the book.I can absolutely say that i really liked what i read in this book.It was pretty much exactly what i didn't expect and in a good way ,of course.Unique?Yes.Well written?Absolutely yes.Good characters?Yes.Good story?Double yes.This is good,right?Of course.
What you need to know about Raielle is that she wasn't just a normal girl.Her entire life wasn't perfect,but she had one secret ,a big one,which she never wanted anyone to know.And she pretty much managed to keep it hidden.

Raielle-she wasn't perfect,but i liked her attitude.She was strong and capable of taking care of herself,but in a way she needed someone to be there for her,even if she didn't show that.The kind of girl who was used to taking care of herself and keeping her head low.But that changed completely after she moved in New York.

There were a few times when i held my breath because i didn't know what will happen.So many lies and so many hard moments.But the fact that the characters were created so good it made me think that something good had to happen in the end.That things won't end up bad,but i guess i was wrong.Well,it happens.

Here comes Lucas Diesel.A charming boy who manages to capture Raielle's attention from the beginning.Just one look and swoon! Ha.Well, Lucas was exactly what Raielle needed in her life.At least that's what i thought when i was reading the book.
 I admit that sometimes i was a little confused,mainly because of Lucas's attitude .Sometimes he acted normal and sometimes he was acting like an idiot,but in the end i found out the reason why he was like that.And i understand ..

But what i liked the most was how things turned out after all.Yes,not everything was perfect.There were some ups and downs,which were perfect because in a way without those the book wouldn't be the same.The characters were strong and well written,something i like very much.The story was unique and i like that it wasn't simple or too exaggerated.BUT.The end?Speechless.Honestly,i want to know more.I want the next book soon!That has to change..The way it ended wasn't fair..but i guess it had to happen ,so i can't do anything about that.





Niciun comentariu: