luni, 23 septembrie 2013

Review:Forever my girl by Heidi McLaughlin

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.

And now I’m going back.

After ten years.

I hope I can explain that after all this time.

I still want her to be my forever girl.



Review:



“I only have eyes for one woman, period … When I saw you, I knew I had made a mistake. I should have never left or at least come back for you. My life is better with you in it, Josie. I’m not going to do anything to jeopardize that.”

Sometimes you do something because you think is better for you,but sometimes you end up regreting cause you realize that maybe you did the wrong thing and you ruined something beautiful..But in the end what really matters is the fact that sometimes you can get a second chance to fix your mistake and do the right thing.

Huh.Not sure why i wrote that above,but i guess that's how i can describe what one of the main character did in this book.Well,at least that's what i think he did.
This book was amazing in so many ways.The way the book was written,the characters and the story.Mostly the story and how everything happened.Not something perfect,but something that got from worst to better.
A story which started with a bad news and ended with a happy reunion.And it was completely amazing.
The story was pretty good,even if i have to admit that i didn't like that something bad had to happen so the main characters meet again,but i guess it was better like this and i like how things turned out in the end.

Josephine Preston's life is exactly the way she wanted.She had her job,her son and the perfect man beside her,but something was missing.When a tragedy happens,when Josie's friend Mason dies ,Josie has to face the fact that the man she once loved ,her child's father,might return in town for the funeral.What Josie never imagined was that she might still be in love with him.The one who left her ten years ago.

Liam Westbury has everything he wants:Fame,the chance to sing and be heard by everyone.But the fact that his best friend died changed everything.Made him do exactly what he never imagined he  would do again:return to Beaumont.Playing music was his dream.Doing what he wanted without thinking about anything else,but what if he is regreting the decision he made ten years ago?What if he finds something in Beaumont that might change his life forever?On the stage he is Liam Paige.In Beaumont he is Liam Westbury.Who is the real Liam?The one who realizes that his life will be whole again beside the woman he loved ten years ago or the one who wants to be a rock star?

Spoiler?A little and i'm sorry for that,but i couldn't stop myself from writing those things about Liam and Josie.I mean i was trying really hard to keep the details out ,but sometimes i'm not good at that.
So,the way they met again wasn't perfect,but i liked the reactions they had.It was pretty much crazy.It was fun and i liked it.
Do you believe in second chances? I believe in them,but not always.Not always is worth giving a second chance,but in this case it was.
I understand Liam's desire to do something for him.It was a big step what he did,but after ten years?Well,let's just say that i'm glad he returned to Beaumont.And Josie?A few times i laughed because of how she reacted.She wasn't happy at first to see Liam,but i liked that everything changed step by step.
But..Honestly?Noah was my favorite.I adored the kid.He was polite and sweet.Exactly,how every mom should raise her kid.He was clever and talented-Yep,something that reminds me of Liam.Yikes.
My list of favorite characters continues:Katelyn and her daughters,Payton and Ella,are on that list because they were constantly present in this book.I liked them.Everything was much better with them in the picture,even if some of the moments were sad.Katelyn was the perfect friend for both Liam and Josie,and the girls were amazing.
I won't write about Nick Ashford,the man who was with Josie for ten years,because i wasn't his biggest fan,so i'll pass this time.

How can you say no to a book like this one?I couldn't and i'm glad that i read it.Beautiful and full of surprises, Forever My Girl made me smile and laugh.The kind of book who makes you realize that you have to think twice before you take a decision and that sometimes it is good to give a second chance,even if it's hard.


Niciun comentariu: