luni, 10 iunie 2013

Book Blitz: (Mis)fortune by Melissa Haag(Excerpt)


(Mis)fortune by Melissa Haag
Series: Judgement of the Six #2
Genre: NA Paranormal Romance
Publication date: April 30th 2013



Synopsis:
Our world is being judged and even they remain unaware.

Michelle, another young woman with an unexplainable gift, finds herself surrounded by the previously undiscovered werewolf society. Kept prisoner for the predictions that torment her, she meekly follows orders waiting for her opportunity to run. When her stepfather dies, she takes a chance and escapes.

After witnessing Blake, her captor, grow canines, she knows he will do anything to find her. She needs a place to hide and someone to listen to her predictions so her head doesn’t explode, but knows there’s nowhere she can hide forever, and no one who can protect her… unless she can find someone just like him.

Part of the fur wearing faction wants to use her, another part strives to keep her safe. The second book of the Judgement of the Six series will raise more questions about the purpose of these gifted few and Michelle will need to fight for answers. Will what she discovers be enough to help her keep those she loves safe from an emerging evil?

Goodreads (Book 1): http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17471111-hope-less

Purchase:
--Amazon: http://www.amazon.ca/Mis-fortune-Judgement-Six-ebook/dp/B00CL45W6U/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370444189&sr=1-1&keywords=9780988852327
--B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bookmelissa-haag/1115276285?ean=2940044510005

AUTHOR BIO
Melissa Haag currently resides in Wisconsin with her husband and three children. Touch is her first published novel. She is currently working on book three of a separate five book series. To learn more about her upcoming projects, visit her at:
http://melissahaag.com

Author Links:
Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter


Excerpt:

I sat on the step slightly bored again.  Watching him assemble the swing set had been a nice distraction.  I sighed and he moved to sit by me.
“I bought a movie when I went to the store,” he said, looking out over the yard.
I turned to study his profile, strong jaw, straight nose with a slight bump on the bridge, firm lips, and my stomach dove for my toes for half a heartbeat before it sprang back with a twist.  I caught Nana watching me from the chair she’d brought out to the porch and blushed.
“Would you like to watch it with me?” he asked softly.
The way he said it, a soft rumble of invitation, made my heart jump with excitement.  I looked away, focusing on my brothers playing in the yard, as I struggled with what I should say versus what I wanted to say.
Nana interrupted my thoughts before they fully formed.  “I can watch the boys out here if you two want to go in.”
That decided me.  He and I needed to talk.  I called to the boys that I would be right inside if they needed me.  Emmitt stood with a smile and let me lead the way to Jim’s apartment.
The movie waited right next to the TV.  Emmitt went to it and lifted it with a dimple-showing smile.  I stood behind him schooling my features into a serious expression while my insides went crazy.
“Emmitt,” I said with quiet reluctance.  “I really appreciate you letting us stay here, but I need to say something,” I said to start my ‘let’s-be-friends’ speech.  His smile faded with my words and I swallowed hard.  “I don’t know how long we’ll be here and can’t afford any emotional distractions.”
“What are we talking about, exactly?”  His voice, low and firm, sounded a bit upset.
“The way you look at me…” I whispered with a blush.
Though my mind would willingly paint us in a white-picket-fence dream, the reality was that any emotional connection with these people would just be another way for Blake to hurt me when… no, if… he caught up with us.  Plus, I couldn’t afford any entanglements that would prevent me from leaving when the time came.
“I see.”  He didn’t sound mad, just thoughtful.  “Michelle, when I saw you in the diner, and again when you faced David, you needed a friend.”
As if someone had thrown a bolder down my throat, something heavy hit the bottom of my stomach and embarrassment began to flood me.  Had my attraction to Emmitt twisted what I thought I saw into what I’d wanted to see?  I wanted to disappear.  Instead, I tried to salvage the humiliating situation with a feint at ignorance.  “Even a friend might be more than I can manage.”
He slowly nodded his head looking down at the movie in his hands, making it hard to read his thoughts.  After a moment, he looked up with a relaxed, easygoing smile and slightly lifted the movie.  “So, is that a no to a movie?”
Cherry red and wanting to run, I still couldn’t say no, I was too curious about my reaction to him, too tempted.  At least we both knew where we stood and I could breathe again.  Well, not really.  Not with him so close, but he didn’t know that.

Niciun comentariu: