luni, 25 februarie 2013

Review:Running On Empty by L.B. Simmons.

Successful career.

The only thing missing was the white picket fence. I really wanted that fence.

Three years ago, I lost that life. I lost my husband. And I lost myself. But, eventually, I found my way through the darkness. I’ve made peace with my new life. I have my girls, and that’s all that matters. They are my world. I have no illusions of ever falling in love again or getting whisked away on a white horse.

But then he came back into my life. On a freakin’ motorcycle.

There’s no way I’ll let him turn my life completely upside down. Absolutely no way.

The question is…

How long can I keep pretending that I’m happy with my life being right-side up?



Review:

"I think you look good, wearing my future."

Running on empty was a beautiful story about a woman who learns how to live and love again.Her life would have been completely empty without her three daughters after she lost her husband,but after three years of sadness and caring only for her girls,Alex finally learns how to love again.

The book made me laugh-mainly because of Kyndall,Riley and Nycole(Alex's daughters) ,made me cry -when Alex told Blake how her husband died,and made me angry because of the way Alex treated Blake after everything he did for her.

It was crazy,but i loved every single moment,especially when i read how good Blake was with the girls.

"But you'll never have your happy ending unless you're brave enough to open the book and start your story." 

This wasn't simple at all and there were moments when i couldn't believe how strong Alex was.I know this is fictional but this could happen in real life every day.Alex,even if she did everything she could to survive and be strong for the girls,something was missing in her life.I admired her for how she handled everything-exactly how a mother should act ,but i have to admit that i liked the changes Blake brought in her life.

"He reminds me every day that when you’re running on empty, you won’t ever get where you need to be. Both in Life and Love. (And sometimes Suburbans…) – Alex "

Blake was amazing.I'm not saying this because he was hot-well,i can't ignore that,right?.He was amazing because he came back for Alex and took care of her and the girls when she needed him.I liked the way he acted when he was with Alex,even if at first he was happy to know that they were only friends.

At least the end was exactly how it was supposed to be in my mind!

This book was truly amazing.It was a lesson about real friendship.A lesson about how your life could change in any second and you have to be strong enough to face what life throws in your face.



Niciun comentariu: