marți, 22 ianuarie 2013

Review: A Song for Julia by Charles Sheehan-Miles





Everyone should have something to rebel against.

Crank Wilson left his South Boston home at sixteen to start a punk band and burn out his rage at the world. Six years later, he’s still at odds with his father, a Boston cop, and doesn’t ever speak to his mother. The only relationship that really matters is with his younger brother, but watching out for Sean can be a full-time job. The one thing Crank wants in life is to be left the hell alone to write his music and drive his band to success.

Julia Thompson left a secret behind in Beijing that exploded into scandal in Washington, DC, threatening her father's career and dominating her family's life. Now, in her senior year at Harvard, she's haunted by a voice from her past and refuses to ever lose control of her emotions again, especially when it comes to a guy.

When Julia and Crank meet at an anti-war protest in Washington in the fall of 2002, the connection between them is so powerful it threatens to tear everything apart



Review:

A Song for Julia is a very beautiful story .From the moment I saw the description I wanted to read the book and now that I got the chance I’m glad.
It was such a beautiful story,even if there were so many sad moments-heartbreaking moments.But I wanted to read everything.I wanted to be sure that all the complicated things won’t ruin everything.I wanted to be sure that the end will be exactly how I expect.

A Song for Julia made me think about all the bad things that could happen,but somehow this story made me appreciate more the people I care about.
I admit that the beginning was not like I expect and I had some doubts,but than I read more and I loved everything.

This is Julia and Crank’s story.Two people who met ,but their past-or I should say Julia’s past won’t let her move on.Because of that everything is complicated and hard.At first they are two people who talked and agreed that they are not looking for something serious..but they both know there was something between them.The chemistry –that you couldn’t miss.

Julia’s past is dark and full o bad events.Events that ruined her life ,but somehow she survived and tried to move on.

Crank’s life is not easy either.Between his band and job,Crank’s family is not doing really well.He has a sick brother.His parents are separated,but he doesn’t know the reason.

But Julia and Crank met and that’s when their life’s change forever.
Yes,I admit that it was a little strange how Julia and Crank acted when they were together,but sometimes it was funny.

I love reading about how in some books there always is one girl who ends up being the muse of an musician.In this book it’s a little different,but I can’t ignore the fact that Crank wrote two songs about Julia.
I’m not usually interested in books about politics and war-even if the subject changes in a way,but this book made me realize that sometimes I have to give them a chance.
This is a love story between a girl-who thinks that the past will always be her present and future- and a boy-who always fights for what he wants.

My favorite part was when Julia finally told her family the truth and when she finally admitted that she loved Crank.After everything that happened that was supposed to happen in my mind and well ,let’s say I got what I wanted!


This was a really good book and I enjoyed reading it.Yes,there were bad and good parts,but those good and bad parts created something beautiful and amazing.

                                         



Niciun comentariu: